Lag On Logged Caches

I've noticed that sometimes there is quite a bit of time between went I log a cache and when it actually shows up. I can tell that it want through because it shows on my personal history. It just doesn't show up on the log page for a while.

Are the logs moderated?

That's strange because as soon as I reload the cache page, my log is there, along with the links to any pictures I uploaded.

Was this for any particular cache page, or does it happen for all?

Which browser do you use? That could be part of the problem.

I use the Opera browser, the best one, IMHO! :)

Edit to correct HTML code. :(

Edited by idiosyncratic

I've noticed the same problem. It also occurs with logging TBs. The posts go through fine and are in the system. They just take anywhere from 5-20 minutes to appear on the cache/bug pages. Since my browser is set to refresh with every page load, I don't think it's a browser issue.

Edited by AtlantaGal

The site is "caching the cache pages" as part of the effort to speed up site performance. The webserver will serve up a very recent copy of the cache page that it obtained from the information in the database. This cuts back on bottlenecks from hitting the database up with so many requests. When the database for the cache is modified, like by adding a log, there can sometimes be a lag between the time the database is modified and the time when the webserver obtains a new updated version of the page.

The site is "caching the cache pages" as part of the effort to speed up site performance. The webserver will serve up a very recent copy of the cache page that it obtained from the information in the database. This cuts back on bottlenecks from hitting the database up with so many requests. When the database for the cache is modified, like by adding a log, there can sometimes be a lag between the time the database is modified and the time when the webserver obtains a new updated version of the page.

I've noticed that your stats seem to reflect the cache though the log can't be found until things catch up.

What I'm not sure about is if you save a GPS of the Logged but Logless cache if it will have the missing log that is really there (or not...)