Upstate New York Geocache Event

Doodah

Hey Everyone!

I'm writing from the Ashokan Field Campus - an outdoor education center in the foothills of the Catskills (12mi west of Kingston, NY). We have 372 acres of fields, woods, gorges, and waterfalls that are ACHING to be searched by geocachers.

I am in the process of planning a one-day event here and would like to know how much interest there would be among you folks. I'm pretty new to geocaching, so I'm not aware of the popularity of it in this area.

If you would consider taking part in this event, or if you would like to be involved in any of the planning/promoting/organizing, please email me:

afcsprog@newpaltz.edu

If I can generate enough interest in a day event, we have the facitlities for overnight events with food, fires, sauna, etc.

Hope to hear from ya'll!

-Jonathan

I don't consider south of Albany as "Upstate New York" :rolleyes:  :(  ;)

nfa-jamie

I consider North of New York City IS upstate New York! :D

I love those regional upstate/downstate ideas ....people from NYC consider themselves upstate once you cross under the sign on I87 (i think) that reads "upstate" ...I'm in Saratoga and figure south of Albany as heading downstate. A friend of mine who lives in Keeseville (about 45 minutes south of Canada) considers anything south of Warrensburg as downstate .....not that I think is a bit excessive!

Jonathan - did you notice that there was an event on April 30 in West Shokan. My daughter and I were asked by the librarian if we would like to introduce geocaching to the community. Since I really like the sport, I volunteered. (Being that she is my Mom, it was hard to say no, anyway.) If you (and any other geocachers) can make it, I would sure help with a discussion on the topic. Hope you all can make it.