Pda Dell Axim 50

fan5

I was just wondering i downloaded gpxsonar (.exe) and when i started it said this version was for older pda's, and it will not run all program's. Could someone with experience in this area please give me some advice? Just trying to go paperless. Thank You and Happy Geocaching, Rory.

I use GPXSONAR with my Dell Axim 50 and it works great! Note that it is not the PDA that matters, but the OPERATING SYSTEM. The "current version" of gpxsonar (1.3.1) is for PocketPC 2003. There is an older version available on their website for the older Windwows Mobile 2002. It sounds like that's the one you have downloaded.

I'd say just go to their web page http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/default.aspx and downlaod the current version. Look in the dark green center area about a page doen from the top,

Good caching - and PAPERLESS is way kewl.

:D

The message you are getting is because programs which were written for older PDAs may not be compatible with the new operating system since the program is not specifically "flagged" for the new operating system. Although there are occasional problems, in most cases this is just a warning and the software runs just fine.

I installed the latest GPXSonar on my Axim X5 (which has been upgraded to PPC 2003 - same OS as yours)

Anyway, if you are having problems at the GPXSonar site try opening it in Internet Explorer. I was at the site with Mozilla/Firefox and most links wouldn't work... I opened it in IE and everything worked fine...

Robert

I just got a PocketPC and downloaded GPXSonar. I checked that it's 1.3.1 and it showed a dialog about possibly not displaying properly because of the version. Is it that I'm running a new PDA with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and it's not coded for 2nd Edition?

Like I said, it's definitely 1.3.1 and I got the message on the install.