Tb Question

Shadow's

I found a TB and then placed it in a cache today. When I loged my find and tried to add the Tb it said the bug was not active. What do I do? I am going back to check the # again but I am sure I got it right. Can I look up the bug by name, ( I did not see this option)?

Thanks

Shadow's

... Can I look up the bug by name, ( I did not see this option)? ...

It's kind of hidden, underneath the tracking number input area:

Advanced Search

From the search:

Searches name, mission and description for keywords.

But does sound like if the number was entered correctly and it says something like "This travel bug hasn't been activated. Activate now", that the owner hasn't activated it yet.

If it says something like "The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system", probably means number was entered wrong

Edited- to add "error" messages

Edited by MRCOGEO

The TB in question is named GoDogGo #****** I did the advanced search and the responce was No results were found for your search.

I also did a search on the Id # and this came up, This travel bug hasn't been activated.

(Moderator edited to remove TB tracking# )

Edited by Eartha
The TB in question is named GoDogGo DO NOT GIVE OUT THIS NUMBER I did the advanced search and the responce was No results were found for your search.

I also did a search on the Id # and this came up, This travel bug hasn't been activated.

Just because it isn't activated YET, doesn't mean you should be giving out the 'secret' number to everyone :lol:

By any chance was this TB still in a little manilla package with a number on the cover? If so, then it was a trade item for you to take and make your own bug out of. Cachers have been known to leave TB tags for others in caches. If it was attached to an item by way of some kind of chain or cable tie or something then the owners forgot to activate it or did not know how. I'll see if I can do a little search and see what happened.

Well, I can find the log you made where you dropped off the TB, but can find no mention of where you picked it up, so I can't follow the TB trail. Do you remember which cache you grabbed it from? If I have that information, I might be able to find who dropped it off to begin with.