Need Help Planning A Trip

tnfishdaddy

I am taking the family on a little trip next weekend. We will be leaving Greeneville, TN and travel through Knoxville on I-40 until we hit I-75 and then heading to Atlanta. I am looking for any rest stop caches or any others that are located right off the interstate. Any recommendations? We are then headed to Charleston, SC. I am not sure of what road we are taking. I haven't looked that far ahead yet. We will then be traveling up I-26 to Asheville, NC where we will cut across the mountain and head home. I don't know how to look up caches on a trip this big so I am hoping I can get a little help here. Any caches right off the interstate would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you don't mind quick grab micros, look into the "Off Your Rocker" Series!

Always ready for a quick find on the Interstates. :P

Of course, a great meal at most any one of them.

Breakfast(All Day), Lunch, or Dinner!

Been eating there at them for as long as I can remember and I can only remember 2 bad meals. Actually it wasn't the meal that was bad, it was the service.

No road trip in our family is complete unless we stop at one at least once coming "and" going to our destination!

Have a safe trip!

D-man :D

Edited by gridlox

Check out this thread for some ideas on how to manage your search.

I know that there were rest stop caches on 40 east of Knoxville just about at the I-81 interchange last year. Yep, still there:

I-40 Westbound is still there.

Eastbound was DNF'd last week, but found recently.

The West Knoxville TB Hotel is archived. Too bad, it was an EZ off/on find.

Also since you are a premium member, you can pan and move on the gc.com mapping page. What I have done for roadtrips is zoom in/out and move along the interstate route, and click identify whenever necessary to read about the particular cache close to the highway. Sometimes caches are hidden close to or even under, without easy access from the interstate just because.

Have a safe trip.