Finally !! Getting a GPS !!!

Windrose

Couldn't stand it any longer. Just bought a Garmin Etrex-basic (on ebay $83 + Shipping), even though I shouldn't be spending the money. It should arrive Thursday AM. I think I feel a touch of the (GPS) flu coming. icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll definately have to call in sick Thursday & Friday icon_wink.gif .

Sorry, I just had to do a little happy dance.

Windrose

"The way of the Wind is a strange, wild way."

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I know the feeling! I got mine a week and a half ago, a Garmin Etrex Legend. A buddy put in a few topo maps for me and I'll soon be getting the street map software. Wanna know the best part? In my line of work this little gadget can be a write off! I'll never be lost again, or if I am I can always get found.

Cache you later,

Planet

TT120 said:

-----------------------------------------------------

Congrats on the GPS! Just send the phone bill to the electric company and the electric bill to the phone company, that should buy you a week till your next paycheck.

-----------------------------------------------------

What a great idea! The things I learn in these forums :-)

quote:
Originally posted by Windrose:

Couldn't stand it any longer. Just bought a Garmin Etrex-basic (on ebay $83 + Shipping), even though I shouldn't be spending the money. It should arrive Thursday AM. I think I feel a touch of the (GPS) flu coming. icon_biggrin.gif I think I'll definately have to call in sick Thursday & Friday icon_wink.gif .

Sorry, I just had to do a little happy dance.

Windrose

"The way of the Wind is a strange, wild way."

Good choice! I know you are going to have a lot of fun with the Yellow One.

Keep on Caching,

Bluespreacher

"We've got the hardware and the software, the plans and the maps ..." -- Citizen Wayne Kramer