Deleting A Listing

I did a search on this and could not find anything, but I never have any luck on working the search feature anyhow. Is there a way to compleatly delete a listing? I have about 6 archived listings I would like to delete compleatly because I have either abandoned placing a cache there or redesigned it compleatly so that its a whole new cache and listing but I want to get rid of the old listings either way when I bring up my account info. Of course by deleting these it might screw up peoples numbers so this might not be an option.

These where all approved and hunted at one time. A couple of them I changed around and the others I just gave the ideas up on placing them there because they where in so wide open places it was practicaly impossible to put a cache there other then a virtual and I dont like virtuals.

These where all approved and hunted at one time. A couple of them I changed around and the others I just gave the ideas up on placing them there because they where in so wide open places it was practicaly impossible to put a cache there other then a virtual and I dont like virtuals.

It they were hunted and logged, then they're part of other people's caching history. That's why they shouldn't be wiped out.

Of course by deleting these it might screw up peoples numbers so this might not be an option.

It will which is why you cannot delete them. Archiving them will suffice.

Either it still can be done, or at one time could be done, but no longer. We have three near here that were delisted, and only show up in our totals, but not the cache type breakdowns. So our numbers are a little screwed up. The odd thing is that the cache owner still has some hides listed on gc.com, these three were moved to another listing site.

The real question is: why would you want to do this? Why won't a simple archival accomplish your goal?

But of course-it isn't about the numbers or is it? :(

The real question is: why would you want to do this? Why won't a simple archival accomplish your goal?

But of course-it isn't about the numbers or is it? :(

It just bugs me that they are on my account page when I know they are not active. Just wish there was some way to actually not see them when I bring up my account page...I AM one of the few that dont really care about numbers. The only time I cared is on my 100th cache I wanted a FTF. Other then that it really doesnt matter to me.

It just bugs me that they are on my account page when I know they are not active. Just wish there was some way to actually not see them when I bring up my account page

I understand what you are saying, but you have to make an effort to go to the page that they are on. First clicking on 'My Account', then (Mine). It is pretty rare that I have a reason to go there.

But, to each his own...

Edited by sbell111