In Front Oh House

Cal78

How would you feel about just pulling up to a house in a small suburban neighborhood, sitting there, tuning your radio to a specific AM station, sitting for a short time to get coordinates, and then driving off?

Delighted!

I read of an experimental multicache where at one point you keyed your FRS radio on a specific channel to receive recorded directions for the next step. Sweet!

I like the AM transmitter idea, but be sure to just repeat the numbers without any identifying info, to let casual scanners wonder. :lol:

When I first started thinking of places to hide a cache I seriously considered putting one in my yard, because I thought that it would be a great way to meet more cachers. The reason I decided not to was because I realized that well meeting cachers would be cool, I would have to tell the neighbors not to worry about the people searching around our yard. Then it occured to me what if the person in my yard wasn't a cacher and noone paid any attention to that person because I told them not to. One of the best security systems that we have is our neighbors and by placing a cache in the yard I would be basically disarming them.

:lol:

Question to you guys:

How would you feel about just pulling up to a house in a small suburban neighborhood, sitting there, tuning your radio to a specific AM station, sitting for a short time to get coordinates, and then driving off?

It's an idea I'm toying with. I'm definately going to use the radio transmitter, it's just a matter of placement...

I like that idea. I really like that idea. Gotta try putting something together sometime. I wonder what kind of range my circuit I have has? Got any circuit diagrams? Or did you buy a transmitter?

When I first started thinking of places to hide a cache I seriously considered putting one in my yard, because I thought that it would be a great way to meet more cachers. The reason I decided not to was because I realized that well meeting cachers would be cool, I would have to tell the neighbors not to worry about the people searching around our yard.  Then it occured to me what if the person in my yard wasn't a cacher and noone paid any attention to that person because I told them not to. One of the best security systems that we have is our neighbors and by placing a cache in the yard I would be basically disarming them.

:lol:

We have had a lot of crime over the past couple years from surrounding neighborhoods, and this is exactly why I've held off.

However, there is a TB hotel in a nearby suburb which is a huge locked mailbox right by the side of the street - talk about driveup. Best part is that it's easy to keep an eye on and is not really muggleable.

My TB hotel suspended in a tree by the airport on the other hand has gone AWOL.

I recently found a cache that a dentist put in the courtyard in front of his office. He often sits and watches cachers who think they are being stealthy casually stroll into the courtyard, look around for any muggles and then make a dash for the cache. I went after hours, but understand that he often talks with some of the cachers.

Depending on the neighborhood and it's parking situation, I would possibly go for your brother's cache. I've thought of placing a cache in some property that I own, but because of hunters trying to go on the land, I have had to post it. I'm afraid cachers may be scared away by my "Tresspassers will be met by Smith & Wesson" signs. What do you think?