Taking Travel Bug To Germany??

1. Do a bit of research on the caches at your destination.

2. Print out some promising cache descriptions. Ask the owner or the German Speaking forum for translations if needed.

3. Pack your GPSr, printouts and the TB along the rest of your luggage (I'd take them in my carry-on).

4. Find caches at the destination and drop the TB there.

Way more fun than mailing it. :P

Got caught with a TB in my carry-on. Six months at Leavenworth. Trust me it ain't worth it. Have a friend in Germany order the TB to their local address. Purchase a cheap GPSr when you arrive in Germany. Prior to your return either give the GPSr to your friend or throw it in the trash. Any other action is sheer folly. And trust me they don't make enough K-Y.

1. Do a bit of research on the caches at your destination.

2. Print out some promising cache descriptions. Ask the owner or the German Speaking forum for translations if needed.

3. Pack your GPSr, printouts and the TB along the rest of your luggage (I'd take them in my carry-on).

4. Find caches at the destination and drop the TB there.

Way more fun than mailing it. :rolleyes:

What Divine said and in addition: Visit www.geocaching.de, klick on the upper left hand side "Interaktive Karte" and choose the area your sister is travelling to. You get a pretty good overview (map).

Feel free to ask for assistance in the german subforum (for example to find caches that fit the "spirit" of searching your sister likes to do in the area of Germany she comes to). If you don't know german, feel free to ask in english.

Greetings,

Tobias