Question About This Particular Cache

Prairie Dog

National Forests are administered by the US Forest Service (USFS) - a branch of the USDA (Department of Agriculture). They are almost always open to caching. Some National Forests have individual rules but the majority are not. They are usually very receptive to geocaching.

National Parks are administered by the National Park Service (NPS) - a branch of the Dept of the Interior. They have a blanket ban. I have heard of some caches having special exceptions but that is rare.

National Wildlife Refuges are adminstered by the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) - a branch of the Dept of the Interior. They now have a "ban" on Geocaching as well.

I am not sure where the BLM falls. There is no BLM land in my state, and as far as I know very little if any in surrounding states. (I'm east of the MS).

It's amazing how many people get the National Parks, Forests, and Wildlife Refuges mixed up. Throw in BLM, and state lands - such as State Parks and State Wildlife Management Areas - and it can get confusing I suppose.

southdeltan

On the other hand, The White Mountain National Forest does not permit caches. (It seems to be up to the individual National Forest.) Yet, there are at least two caches in White Mountain National Forest.

You must have missed this part of my post:

National Forests are administered by the US Forest Service (USFS) - a branch of the USDA (Department of Agriculture). They are almost always open to caching. Some National Forests have individual rules but the majority are not. They are usually very receptive to geocaching.

National Forests as a WHOLE don't have rules. Some individual Forests MAY have rules.

southdeltan