No Alcohol In Caches...

MaisOui & Avrohead

I know, I know, no alcohol is supposed to go into caches, but I'm thinking that this is a little bit different.

What about an LCBO gift certificate? I'm not a drinker at all, and I got this as a prize from work. It has no expiry date. I'm currently working on a placement and I think that for a lot of people it would be a good FTF prize. Or you wouldn't have to take it, there's lots of other good stuff...

Would you like to find it in a cache? Would it offend you?

Discuss...

MaisOui

:0)

If you arent allowed to put it in, Im turning 19 soon and I dont remember you sending me a birthday gift last year :)

I turned 19 a while ago :) and I didn't get anything from you, either! LOL

BTW, for those not in Ontario, LCBO=Liquor Control Board of Ontario, a "chain" of stores where we buy our "liquid refreshment"...

MaisOui

P.S. If I can't, then maybe we'll talk....

If you arent allowed to put it in, Im turning 19 soon and I dont remember you sending me a birthday gift last year :cry:

I turned 19 a while ago :ph34r: and I didn't get anything from you, either! LOL

BTW, for those not in Ontario, LCBO=Liquor Control Board of Ontario, a "chain" of stores where we buy our "liquid refreshment"...

MaisOui

P.S. If I can't, then maybe we'll talk....

Ya but you allready stated that you dont drink! what else am i going to get a 19 year old? LOL :huh:

This reminds me of a story from a while back

In the 'not-long-ago-enough' past there was a 'Forum-only' Geocacher. I can't remember his name, but I am less inclined to spend the energy trying to remember it now.

He complained about cache locations, people not getting permission, and such... on and on, but had never been to an actual cache.

It was hard for everyone to listen to this person, since he had no actual caching experience.

Finally he went and found a cache. What did he leave as a trade item???? You guessed it.... LCBO gift certificates.

I don't see any problem with an LCBO gift certificate. Minors can't use them, and those that don't drink can give them to someone that does.

If you state that the FTF prize is that, those that are opposed will either avoid the cache till they are gone, or complain... but you can't make everyone happy.

After all, no one has the right to be happy all the time, if they were happy all the time, how would they know?

:lol: The Blue Quasar

It would be a bit of a drive for you, not worth the cost of gas!

"Elephant's Armpit" is Hamilton and area. Take a map of ontario, and turn it so that West is at the top. The land mass of Southern Ontario looks like an elephant. The Niagara Peninsula is the Elephant's front left leg (I say left to help you imagine which way the elephant is facing, so it is easier to find). Hamilton being on the extreme tip of Lake Ontario makes up the armpit. At least we don't live in Owen Sound!! :D

MaisOui