Travel Bug Trading

rescue557

Anybody want to trade a Jeep Travel Bug for another travel bug?  Any kind of travel bug, Jeep, Geocoin, etc.

Will mail to USA addresses only. :)

so you've captured a yellow jeep TB and will mail it to me??? :)

Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs - 3

How many do you need? :ph34r:

Personally I don't agree with the need for an actual trade or the US limitation.

Share the jeep.

Anybody want to trade a Jeep Travel Bug for another travel bug?  Any kind of travel bug, Jeep, Geocoin, etc.

Will mail to USA addresses only. :)

so you've captured a yellow jeep TB and will mail it to me??? :)

Jeep 4x4 Travel Bugs - 3

How many do you need? :ph34r:

Personally I don't agree with the need for an actual trade or the US limitation.

Share the jeep.

The more the merrier! I'd actually like a white jeep, but Weasel neved trusted me with the keys :)

now back to the question, whos going to steal me some TBs? :lol:

TB's are meant to travel cache to cache. The ony time Ive ever had a TB mailed to me was when a Canadian cacher who was in the area for a visit grabbed a TB I use in one of my cache hides. He didnt read the attached tag which asked that the bug remain nearby and accidentally took it back to Canada with him.

Except in rare circumstances such as the one listed above, I would be against trading TB's by mail.

(why isn't this thread locked yet??  :huh: )

Why? Should it be? :ph34r:

Let's make this simple for. You have posted in as many as 3 different threads about wanting to trade a Jeep for another TB. You do not own this TB. Granted it is a corporation that owns the Tb but it still has an owner. This is a game piece that people are actually trying to find while you are taking it for your own personal pleasure and trading when you get the right trade. You can not trade somthing that is not yours. I would ask you how you would feel if someone took one of your TB's and was trying to trade it BUT, i noticed this on your TB's owned page.

2005 USA Geocoin: This is a 2005 Geocoin with a small hole drilled through the center. I drilled this hole here in hopes that it would not become part of someones personal collection, which unfortunately, is what happened to my 2004 Geocoin.

2004 USA Geocoin: If anyone finds this please log it ASAP. It has been missing for quite some time. I hope that nobody is "collecting" it!

Now wheres the difference?

(edit for spelling)

Edited by pghlooking

Look, they are called Travel Bugs, not trading bugs. Let's not risk losing these bugs in the US mail system. They are not yours to trade. People own them. Simply put them in a cache and if you want one, search your local caches for them. Do not send them through the mail without the express permission of the travel bug owner, it's that simple. If you really must have a toy jeep, then try Toy R Us, Matchbox, Tonka....Just don't use someone else's travel bug to fulfill your wants.

Thank you.

I'll jump in here as I am the other willing participant in this trade. I see your point about ownership and trading through the mail, I hadn't quite thought about from the other end if somebody was holding one of my THIRTEEN released USA GeoCoins and waiting for a trade? Good point....but I am still going to play the game with the intention of not detracting from any one else's game play.

You may say that it is detracting from the enjoyment by moving the Jeep travel bug by mail and then releasing it, that is your opinion. (and I will release it, just look at my track record for the other Jeep Travel Bugs I have found) I have contributed to the sub-game of travel bugs by releasing USA GeoCoins, Travel Bugs, Travelertags and even working on getting CO GeoCoins out there for people to enjoy.

I would be real careful in letting how other people play the game sour and shadow your own enjoyment of playing the game, you will not be long for this sport of "random chances" :cry:

Eartha: The quip about losing it in the mail system is over reacting at best when you look statistically at the risk in "cache traveling" for the Jeep TB's vs. having sent over fifty of my own GeoTokens in mail and not one getting lost yet! :ph34r: (But I totally respect you as a competent and level headed MOD for these forums :cry: )

WH: You are asking people to send you their long held TB's, by mail, and then releasing them in your locale, and have a complaint about this aspect of the game? At least this way two Travel Bugs get a chance to move. :huh:

Now I am off to wait anxiously for the Yellow Jeep Travel Bug that I will be receiving in the mail. :cry:

Edited by MRCOGEO

I don't think anyone is overly concerned about how a YJTB is passed around, as long as they are passed around, but don't use a TB you didn't purchase to make a trade. Further more, why should anyone have to trade just to a log a YJTB.

If you have one, let others log it.

Edited by BlueDeuce
I don't think anyone is overly concerned about how a YJTB is passed around, as long as they are passed around, but don't use a TB you didn't purchase to make a trade.

I think the point on using Jeep Travel Bugs for a Travel Bug swap because of ownership is a valid one, I won't argue on that one. I'll chalk this up to lesson learned and will be my last Jeep Travel Bug trade but I will still help TB along according to their owners wishes, even if the owner is a corporation.

Of course the USA GeoCoin that I am using for trade, I did purchase.

The Jeep travel bug is still going to be released and another round of people will get a chance to log it.

You don't have to trade a Jeep Travel Bug to log it, it is one way to do it. One way people play the game. Is it unfair?, could be--maybe so.

Edited by MRCOGEO

I hope it wasn't myself being refered to when it was said about moving the TB by mail was bad. I personally don't care if the Jeep is moved by mail or anything else. The fact that this one is going to be placed in a cache is great. I also agree that eventually there will be 5,000 signature pieces, formally known as Yellow Jeep Travel Bugs, sitting on someones mantel or worse in an old shoebox forgotten about. I agree that everyone should play the game their own way, but that is also within reason. Respect for the game and fellow players is first and foremost the most crucial item. Like everything in life there are still rules and the most simple one when it comes to TB's is move it, don;t keep it. I am glad to see this one will continue to live in the caches of the world, at least till someone finds it too hard to let go.

I don't think i ever would have thought at 10 years old i would be debating the proper etiquette of movement of a yellow matchbox car with other grown adults. What a friday night!

Eventually, hand to hand will be the only way. Personally I think dropping them in a cache is the worst thing to do. Note I said 'let others log it', not 'release it'.

See another good point. With the risk in Jeep disappearing from the cyber-radar because of "cache traveling" should Jeep Travel Bugs be held on by "lucky" care takers and if the TB's been there (in hand, physical proximity) then it is loggable, but kept in the "lucky" care takers...care?

In other words...the bug's is there then its loggable.

Further on the side note-----

I will have to contact Moun10Bike as I was "lucky" enough to trade for one of his Moun10Bike - 2nd Series GeoCoins, they have their own set of wishes and guidelines set by their creator, and then I passed it on to a family team of geocachers who have supported me in all my outdoor pursuits and hobbies. But as it stands only two Geocachers are able to log the finds, not the potential for many more.

-----

Geez...I love this hobby when it not about the numbers, politics, feelings, material gain and emotions other than what is necessary for the actually cache experience, the hunt as it were. :ph34r: I have to get out of the forums and back into the field! :huh: I will bow out of this thread and say TGIF!

Edited for: good things it's not about the spelling

Edited by MRCOGEO
I don't think i ever would have thought at 10 years old i would be debating the proper etiquette of movement of a yellow matchbox car with other grown adults. What a friday night!

You're ten years old AND a premium member?!?!?

That's more impressive than most posters!

:ph34r:

You think thats impressive...you should see my GPS!!!