3rd Annual Scottish Cache Bash

Cannot promise a kayak and paddle cache as I am running out of time to organise it but be assured that we have 8-10 more traditional locations scouted out for the upcoming event. Lets just hope the weather is as good as it has been today :lol: bright sun and a cooling breeze to keep the midges at bay. Hope to see you all at the end of May

Cheers

Donnie

Just home ;):D Thanks to all the brave souls who managed the long hike up to the north coast only to get battered with wind and rain all weekend :) Especially to those who managed to get ALL the new caches!! I had an amazing weekend and am at home relaxing, I dont envy those of you who have several hours driving to get home.

I am sure we will get a few interesting stories and tales once the weary travellers get home.

Nick you might be right about Loch Morar........... ducks runs and hides :D:D But it still wouldnt of affected the end score!!!

Morar 310 m, Ness 230m.

All depths approximate......

I did find one website that said Ness was 1.8km deep, but I think we can discard that one. :lol:

Thanks to ALL for a great weekend, if slightly wet. Now Marmal, its your turn???

Watch out for a new cache coming your way soon - Loch Josef Morar. :o

Big congrats to Pooter who made 600 this weekend :D:P:o

DESPITE the appalling weather on Saturday, we had an amazing event day. 'Team Tongue' formed especially for the day (Highland Nick, Billy Twigger, Pooter and myself). With over 2,000 caches between us, the only thing to do was to carry on regardless and bag all of the 8 event caches. We set off a 9am and were back at 8pm (we had an hour off for a well deserved lunch and to dry off some clothes!).

A huge thank you to BT for being our chauffeur for the day, to my companions for a great day out, and huger thanks to SSmokin & Mr Rhu & Neafearjustbeer for a stupendously well organised event. :lol::o

The day was rounded off nicely with Team Tongue's (-BT + Allieballie) quiz victory and the proceeds will be funnelled back into a new cache for Scotland. As Nick said, watch this space....

Now all I have to do is write logs for 26 caches. :o

Edited by Firth of Forth
Morar 310 m, Ness 230m.

All depths approximate......

I did find one website that said Ness was 1.8km deep, but I think we can discard that one. :o

How did you find that site it should only be open to special people that know the true location of Nessies lair :lol: . How do you think the beast has managed to avoid sonar sweeps of the loch for so long. :o:D:P As stated the quizmistress is always right unless shes wrong, but whos gonna argue??? not me as I gave her the duff info LOL!