Caches Along Us Route 66

rescue557

Does anybody have any idea if there are geocaches located along the old Historic US Route 66? I have a new travel bug that I would very much like to travel to said caches, if there are any.

Please let me know so I can decide whether or not to release the bug or change its goal, pending the cache status.

Just thoughts... :unsure:

By the way, here is the bug itself:

Pin Me!

* Insert Shameless Plug Here * :blink:

Chain of Rocks Bridge

This one is in Missouri, near a natural feature called Chain of Rocks Bridge, which is just that: a chain of rocks stretching across the Mississippi River. There is a man made old iron bridge that was part of the original Route 66 that parralels the rocks. You are a braver (or more foolhardy) person than I if you attempt the cross the rocks! When we visited, the river was high and the rocks ended in midstream. But the iron bridge is a tourist stop now.

Neat place, to be sure, but our vehicle got broke into while we were caching here. There are lots of signs warning not to leave anything in your car, and there are cameras on the light posts. After the break-in we learned from a friend who is a St Louis police officer that that parking lot is in the top ten list for car break-ins in the city. That, and the true story of some murders that happened here. story Oddly enough, when I went looking for an article about the murders here, I found it on a Chicago news site. Go figure.

More about the bridge