Cache Message

LoneHowler

ok I'm a newbie with only two finds under my belt. and I'm thinking of creating a cache I have the box goodies log book pecils and sharpener. and A idea of where to hide my cache but before I go looking for a location I want to add the welcome note to my cache,

I have seen these in the caches I have found but I can't find a basic outline for the welcome note can I get a few sugestions for the note please

More to see, More to do

Two things.

One. I believe the note you are looking for is available on the Hide and Seek a Cache page. On the right side of the page listed in many different languages.

Two. I think it is a good idea for cachers to get a few more cache finds under their belt before beginning to hide their first cache. It gives you a better sense of what works and what doesn't work. It will give you other ideas. See what other people do with their hides.

On the other side of that argument I realize that some people enjoy different aspects of this geocaching craziness than I do. Some enjoy the hunt. Some enjoy the hide. Some enjoy the hike or the view, or the togetherness for the family. And some first hides turn out to be very good ones. Some people have a great imagination and some don't.

Good luck.

Thanks for the help I looked on that page but I oviosly overlooked it

I already have a location in mind it's a bike path that not too many people know about and theres a great swamp along the route that has lots of wild birds in the summer I'm planning on hiding the cache near there but I will have to scout it out first before making my desion

More to see, More to do

I've taken that note and made several much smaller (and breifer) versions, so they can fit in smaller containers without being folded.

I also purchased a laminator specifically for laminating cache notes, but you can have that done

for you like the good captain mentioned above.

If you like, I can e-mail you my smaller versions.

"Paternalism is the greatist despotism" - Emmanual Kant

Try this, reduce your size on any copier to .50 %, then get yourself some 2 in carton sealing tape - clear - , using the tape, cover the front side, starting anywhere, we usually start at the bottom, and overlap the last strip by.25-.50 in. and extend over the sides by .75 in, flip card over, then do back in the same manner, once done trim sides with scissors. We do this for a lot of things ( home style laminating ) then when need to update, its cheap.

icon_smile.gif