Gps Software

rescue557

Does anybody know of any software that will track a GPS and post the coordinates to a web page automatically in real time? I need this to experiment with tracking the location of my laptop computer with a GPS attached.

Idealy, any FREE versions of software would be most appreciated. Please post any ideas to this thread.

Thanks! :grin:

A standard GPS untit does not transmit its location. You would need a separate GPS transmitter for that.

If I understand the question, he wants to connect the GPSr to his laptop and use software on the laptop to update a track on a website.

edit: I need to type faster.

Edited by sbell111
How do you plan to connect the laptop to the web page? A laptop could only do that if it is connected to the internet, via wifi or a wired connection. It's possible to do it with a cell phone, but that gets to be expensive.

Cost is not an issue, as I have the necessary equipment already, I just need the software. Something similar to EasyGPS, but with the ability to track in real time and upload the stats to a web page. :grin:

are you going to post your website so we can see where you're going?

That's what I had hoped to have accomplished, but it looks a bit too much work to simply post my location every time I go somewhere. I have to carry a laptop in my car, connect my gps, update my coordinates via the Internet... :ph34r: We'll see what happens, I guess. Maybe when I figure out a more effecient and effective method, this will take place.

In the mean time, check out my website for other cool stuff, ok? <_<