LetterBox Hybrid Consistany

Enspyer

I'm not a letterboxer, but I agree with Brian. I always though that the swapping of stamp imprints was the major goal in letterboxing.

Since these are hybrids, maybe cachers have taken the stamps, thinking they were trade items? (I've had "no trade" caches where people insisted on leaving things.)

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

Since these are hybrids, maybe cachers have taken the stamps, thinking they were trade items?

icon_mad.gif Most likely. It can in no way be a letterbox without the stamp. Many newbie cachers are clueless about letterboxes. We've taken to putting prominent notes on the stuff that isn't supposed to be traded. "THIS IS NOT A TRADE ITEM!!!" Probably should engrave it into the handles of stamps, too!

That and a flame this high really burns my butt!

CR

*** In case you didn't know, any box you find with a stamp can be considered a letterbox. To claim the find, you still have to exhange impressions, though. ***

72057_2000.gif

I don't have a letterbox hybrid yet, but when I do, I will have the letterbox stamp and log book in a separate container within the cache and clearly labeled as to it's purpose. This should help...at least I would hope.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

I don't have a letterbox hybrid yet, but when I do, I will have the letterbox stamp and log book in a separate container within the cache and clearly labeled as to it's purpose. This should help...at least I would hope.

_

I concur with Brian on this. My letterboxing sister and I teamed on this cache. I put her self-contained letterbox within my geocache. Everything continues to work out fine with it.

-WR

mystats.php?userid=WaldenRun&vopt=&txtdata=&bgcol=FFFFFF&fgcol=000000