Geocaching.com Maps

sTeamTraen

I just upgraded to premium membership, partly because $3 a month is a small fraction of what I spend on gas to go caching :lol:, partly to get better gc.com maps.

I can now zoom the maps (woo-hoo!) but I was also very much hoping to see little red check marks next to my owned/found caches... which I don't.

Do I need to read a FAQ somewhere ? Or do I just need to wait more than the 10 minutes (!) which have elapsed since I made my PayPal payment ?

Thanks

Nick (who guesses he is the only premium member in the whole of France...)

Edited by sTeamTraen

As Jeremy said above, the maps are supposed to regenerate once a day. However I've noticed from reading these forums that the machine gets stuck often requiring Jeremy to kick it to get it running again. With the holidays, he hasn't been in a position to kick it lately. I'm sure he'll take care of it as soon as he can.

Hopefully someday he'll make it more robust.

Well figured I'd poke around to see if anyone else was noticing anything weird - and yup. My counts are looking good, cache lists appear to be ok, but when I look at the map, found caches are not check marked for some. I understand the delay and for me it has been at most a day in the past. Often much less, but that may be more of a function of when I enter my logs. Investigating further, nothing I have logged as a find since December 13 is showing 'red checked' on the map. My next earlier find was November 18 and it appears correctly.

As Jeremy said above, the maps are supposed to regenerate once a day. However I've noticed from reading these forums that the machine gets stuck often requiring Jeremy to kick it to get it running again. With the holidays, he hasn't been in a position to kick it lately. I'm sure he'll take care of it as soon as he can.

Bump.

I thought maps were regenerated daily at 7 pm...

That time has passed twice, and no checkmarks are visible yet.

It's a constantly recurring problem.

Four days, no updates yet.

New caches are also not showing.

We're waiting on the current database issues to clear up before running the who has been doing what query.

Is there any way you could post the status of some of the periodic processes so we know why (or at least "that") find checks of maps (for instance) haven't been updated for 4 days? ;)

(I'm thinking of some permanent (auotmatically updated) area for such information, not requiring manual intervention whenever someone asks about it.)

Four days, no updates yet.

New caches are also not showing.

Some new caches do show up now.

Checkmarks in my finds are 7 days behind :huh:

Jeremy,

Did you know the state maps still had this line below them -

"Blue containers, Green containers, and Blue with a white checkbox are all geocaches."

I still find myself using the old maps and noticed this line the other day.

E