Forum Angst

are there some festive words that automatically trip some moderator awareness screen?

banned. banned, banned, banned. buxley. navicache. muahahahahaha. moderator.

and for some reason i don't understand, mitsuko.

I'll add "jeremy= <removed due to the fact that this is a topic about low angst levels> ;)

Edited by camo-crazed
There I was miding Mopars business with a witty reply to his comment's in a thread that was about how to get your cache listed on a Buxleys map, when all of the suddend my post didn't take. Turns out the thread was now locked. So I looked at what happened and what do you know Mopar got the thread locked.

A banner moment in the GC.com forum annuls.

Which is more angst? Being afraid to post on a topic because it might be locked, or posting in a topic that might get locked?

*I* got the thread locked? Sorry dude, I'm pretty sure the topic starter got the thread locked. I'm pretty sure the mod even posted the reason it was locked. (yup, I just went and looked) I doubt that even the great KA was able to look up the previous thread, quote and link that, post a reply, lock the thread, and presumably submit a warning to the OP all in the short time from my post (literally seconds after my last post, they both show the exact same time) to the thread getting locked. I just was "lucky" enough to get my 2 cents in while the forum mod was busy typing all that up. Sorry you didn't. Try again.

...I'm pretty sure the topic starter got the thread locked. I'm pretty sure the mod even posted the reason it was locked...

Interesting, I thought the OP was valid. How do you get your cache listed on Buxleys if it's on GC.com? It's a fair question to ask of the people on the listing site with the most traffic and the most like minded individuals. Even the minorty opinions here have more people than other sites majoritys.

Your post ventured into territory banned by CO Admin. To be fair so did my non posted reply.

...I'm pretty sure the topic starter got the thread locked. I'm pretty sure the mod even posted the reason it was locked...

Interesting, I thought the OP was valid. How do you get your cache listed on Buxleys if it's on GC.com? It's a fair question to ask of the people on the listing site with the most traffic and the most like minded individuals. Even the minorty opinions here have more people than other sites majoritys.

Your post ventured into territory banned by CO Admin. To be fair so did my non posted reply.

I think the OP would have probably been valid if he hadn't started it off with:

After reading this http://www.(link removed so this thread doesn't get locked too)

Right off the bat he linked to something that was directly about the issue that had been banned. The fact that the said link encourages people to harrass TPTB and spam the forums with a topic that was previously locked is also just begging for trouble. FWIW, while I don't find that other site useful, I accept that others do and was hoping a working solution could be found. After that post over there, my opion change to "Jeremy should just tell him to KMA". Obviously as far as that site is concerned, this is the most important issue in the world. But in GC.com's world, I'm sure things that improve THIS site and it's users come before doing favors for other websites. I'm sorry that things didn't move fast enough for Buxley, but I think he probably just shot himself in the foot.

Oh. Bah humbug.

My feelings exactly! I'm gonna go get ready for some stuck-up party at the country club with a bunch of people I care not about, when I'd much rather stay here and play, or at least go for wings and beer, so my personal angst level is high. Since I mentioned it in the forums, does it count? Granted, after 2hrs of open bar, I'm sure my angst level will drop. Let's hope. :rolleyes:

Bah...HUMBUG.

As a reminder. this is the original post.

Is it just me or is the general level of controversy (pesent Nashville and Micro Bashing thread being just blips) lower recently?

There wasn't a thanksgiving meltdown that I noticed. Most debates are a tad more civil. Something must be in the air.

lets keep it on topic

As a reminder. this is the original post.

Is it just me or is the general level of controversy (pesent Nashville and Micro Bashing thread being just blips) lower recently?

There wasn't a thanksgiving meltdown that I noticed. Most debates are a tad more civil. Something must be in the air.

lets keep it on topic

Is it possible for anyone other than the OP to really know for sure if a thread has gone off topic?

It is after all their topic they might have an idea of the type of feedback they are looking for when they post. And if it goes in a direction they were thinking of when they posted is that really going off topic?

Let's say it was the intent of the OP to actually go in the direction that a thread has gone. I don't know if that is really off topic. Or perhaps the intent was to say, let's put this out there and see where it goes, wherever it may go. I don't think one can really go off topic with that type of intent. Of course unless it is stated nobody other than the OP really knows what the intent was of the topic to start so only they know if it is off topic.

I don't know I am just thinking outloud. My main problem with closing threads with the reason being they have gone off topic is, so what. As long as other guidelines are maintained what is the big deal. It is a discussion. At some point people will lose interest and it will drop off the first page. If a person asks a very specific question and gets a very direct answer that should end the discussion. If other people after the answer chime in with things that are related to but do not directly answer the question and only really start to bring up other questions with answers is that really being on topic? Even if it is not is there anything wrong with that? I just see it as a natural progression of a discussion.

It's amazing how quickly things can change around here. ;)B)

That's because we are currenlty beating another crowd favorite dead horse, approver bashing...

Maybe this time Keystone will miss his Christmas dinner putting out the fires in the forums.