Legend C And Easygps

bajabum

I recently purchased the Legend C and started getting into this geochaching thing which I really like. The problem is I can't seem to use EasyGPS with this new Legend C. I have contacted Garmin and they simply can't answer questions regarding third party software but they did confirm that the driver was installed and working. I have no problem with the Garmin mapsource transfering waypoints to the unit but I have to enter the cordinates by hand into mapsource.

I also contacted EasyGPS and they have yet to answer my questions as to why their software does not work with this Legend C.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any solutions to my delima?

Thanks, Bruce. :blink:

thanks for all the input here, I just got a message form EasyGPS which told me to list my Legend C as GPMAP 60C and it seems to work. They don't have the Legend C listed in their choices to use when you setup and so you have to use GPSMAP 60C. I downloaded Expert version and it seemed to work. I will try it again to make sure.

thanks again, Bruce.

OK, I've downloaded the current EasyGPS ( v 1.3.7 ).

It doesn't look like it has been modified to allow connection via USB to a Legend C. Nor for that matter a Vista C.

By lying to it and telling it I had a 60CS ( another USB model ) connected I was able to upload the waypoints from the Legend to EasyGPS. I did not try and write them back ( I consider it too risky - I don't want to have to do a factory reset on the Legend ).

So it will connect ( and can at least load from the GPSr ) if you tell EasyGPS it's a 60CS.

EDIT : Just saw your earlier reply, so ignore.

Edited by Roberts-tribe

I have the Legend C, as well, and use EasyGPS. When I loaded the software and setup the GPS, it didn't have a selection for the Legend C, so of course I selected the Legend, but the problem is that you can't select the USB port on the Legend setup.

I found a way around this; I selected the 60cs and it allows you to check the USB button. Once I did that, I've had no problems sending and receiving data between the Legend C and EastGPS.

I hope that it works for you!

I just got a message form EasyGPS which told me to list my Legend C as GPMAP 60C and it seems to work. They don't have the Legend C listed in their choices to use when you setup and so you have to use GPSMAP 60C.

Just got my Vista C... Could not figure out why Vista C was not in the list for selecting a GPS, tried the Vista setting and it did not work.

After reading this thread, I tried the GPSMAP 60CS setting and it worked like a charm... it is all because of the USB connection.

Thank you all so much for the info. I was going MAD for a while.

Happy Cacher now...