Amazon Price On Garmin Gpsmap 60cs Is A Goner

Tycho52

Yesterday I was doing my Christmas shopping for a number of people on Amazon. I had read about Amazon's pricing of the 60cs at $360-381 in recent weeks. I sent my wife a gentle reminder about the pricing via email yesterday, thinking Santa might slip one in my stocking. She accused me of smoking crack - it's $450. Sure enough, I logged on just a few minutes ago and the price is now $449. So much for my subtle hint.... :P

Save your money on the "s" part...

How do you figure that?

I don't have a 60cs, but I have an eTrex Vista and a Rino 120, which is essentially an eTrex Legend. The Vista is easily the most useful for geocaching, due in no small part to the electronic compass.

I've used a Legend for two years without an electronic compass and been very successful. So what is the real benefit?

I wasn't even considering an "s" until I first heard about the low Amazon price, then I got tempted (greedy?). I did go to Froogle and found that there are some good CS prices out there. Now, how to be subtle about steering the wife in the right direction without looking like a dork. My kids are much smoother with this sort of thing - I should hire them as consultants on this one... <_<

I wasn't even considering an "s" until I first heard about the low Amazon price, then I got tempted (greedy?). I did go to Froogle and found that there are some good CS prices out there. Now, how to be subtle about steering the wife in the right direction without looking like a dork. My kids are much smoother with this sort of thing - I should hire them as consultants on this one... <_<

Write your letter to Mrs. Santa! I order my own Christmas presents now I gave up on Mrs. Santa years ago! ;)

One trick with Amazon - often the prices will be lower for new customers, so delete your amazon cookie, and they will think you are a new customer. When you go to purchase the item, add it to your cart, then you can log in under your account. I've done this several times to save a couple of dollars.

Okay, here's what I did. I went back on Amazon, saw the $388 price, pretended to cry, and my wife said to go ahead and order it (as long as I act surprised on Christmas). I got free shipping, and because I have recently used a9.com (Amazon's search engine, and my cookies obviously were set to let amazon know that I've been to a9.com), I got an additional π/2% (1.57%) discount.

Apparently amazon doesn't advertise the a9.com discount, but now you know.

Now I can finally get into the modern age. I've used a geko 101 that someone gave me to get nearly 80 finds -that's alot of manual waypoint input!!!! It doesn't help that I have fingers the size and shape of canned hams.

Okay, here's what I did. I went back on Amazon, saw the $388 price, pretended to cry, and my wife said to go ahead and order it (as long as I act surprised on Christmas). I got free shipping, and because I have recently used a9.com (Amazon's search engine, and my cookies obviously were set to let amazon know that I've been to a9.com), I got an additional π/2% (1.57%) discount.

Apparently amazon doesn't advertise the a9.com discount, but now you know.

Now I can finally get into the modern age. I've used a geko 101 that someone gave me to get nearly 80 finds -that's alot of manual waypoint input!!!! It doesn't help that I have fingers the size and shape of canned hams.

Good to hear a happy ending!

Now all you need is map software with auto-routing!

Let me know what kind of deal you can get on that!

By the way, thanks for the a9.com tip!