Download Coordinates V/s Type Them In?

FluteLlama

Being new to all this, I just typed in the coordinates for the GeoCaches I'm thinking of hunting for. I typed them into my MapSource City Select & then assigned them Waypoint names that were really just the Cache's name. Then I uploaded the Map softward into my GPS.

Will this still work? Does this have the same result as downloading Coordinates from your website?

Sorry to be so lame, but I'm new to GPS.

I just typed in the coordinates for the GeoCaches I'm thinking of hunting for.  I typed them into my MapSource City Select & then assigned them Waypoint names that were really just the Cache's name.  Then I uploaded the Map softward into my GPS. 

Just as you made a typo when you typed the word "software," you could just as easily make a typo when typing the coordinates. Depending where a typo is in the coords, you might end up anywhere from 6 feet to 6 miles or more off.

If you do type them, double and triple check. Study the online map so when you get there you'll know you're in the right place.

I used to enter coordinates by hand into my Garmin 12. My girlfriend looked over my shoulder to make sure I had them right. We sometimes forgot to go caching after that. Now I enter them into my 60C via GSAK and a USB cable. More accurate coordinates aren't all they are cracked up to be.

Edited by Sputnik 57