Roadchef Motorway Services

...nor very communicative, for that matter.

I approached the Director of Northampton (formerly Rothersthorpe) Services with a view to placing a cache (the "M1 J15A TB hotel", perhaps).

His reply? "Unfortunately I can not help you with you request at this time." :lol:

When I asked for further clarification, I got:

"As the director accountable for the service area my decision is final." :huh:

Has anyone else had any luck with RoadChef at other locations?

Baz.

...nor very communicative, for that matter.

His reply? "Unfortunately I can not help you with you request at this time." :huh:

"As the director accountable for the service area my decision is final." :lol:

He didn't say no did he.

He just can't help you plant your cache (must be busy)

What decision is final? his decision was to not help you.

Maybe the owner of the land can give permision as i believe motorway services rent there land from the owners of the motorway. And if the cache is outside (theres an idea) the landscaping may be further subcontracted.

Nice services i stop there myself occasionally. Let me know if i can get a FTF :huh:

I think that private companies are always going to be the worst when it comes to obtaining permission. I've been trying to obtain permission for a site near me, Trentham Gardens which has just opened up some woodland walks.

It's a major new leisure venture and access to the walks is completely free but would attract people to their paid for activities. However, 4 separate emails, 6 unanswered answering machine messages (no one answers the phone) and a unanswered letter I'm stuck as where to go next.

Perhaps someone else fancies a go, take a look at their website if you want to help!

I think that private companies are always going to be the worst when it comes to obtaining permission. I've been trying to obtain permission for a site near me, Trentham Gardens which has just opened up some woodland walks.

It's a major new leisure venture and access to the walks is completely free but would attract people to their paid for activities. However, 4 separate emails, 6 unanswered answering machine messages (no one answers the phone) and a unanswered letter I'm stuck as where to go next.

Perhaps someone else fancies a go, take a look at their website if you want to help!

I could give you the names and addresses of the directors! 2 of the 7 live in Germany

:huh::lol::huh: