Setting Date/time On Garmin Legend

Enspyer

I'm not a beginning geocacher, but I got a new GPS today so I feel like a newbie again. I have a Garmin Legend now (I used to have a Lowrance iFinder). Anyway, I can't figure out at all how to change the date and time. It's about 15 minutes behind time, and it says it's August 18th (it's not). How do I change the date and time!?!? Thanks so much!

According to the Garmin website you have to let it get a sat lock. IF that doesn't update it you have to do a master reset and get a sat lock.

"This problem may recur if the eTrex Venture, eTrex Legend, or eTrex Vista is stored without batteries. Recurrence can be prevented with an update to the latest software. "

I know when i got my Vista the other day i had to leave it outside for atleast 30 mins to let it get a signal. From what i was told the first time you turn it on it takes a good while for it to get a lock and everything to set. If you need set the date manual, go to "set up" then "Calendar" from the "main menu" page.

Edited by Texan78

Ok, sorry, but I've got another GPS issue (same GPS)...now I can't get a Sat lock. It shows that there's no signal coming from any off the satellites. GPS is in Normal mode, I let it look for satellites outside away from buildings, I've set the location manually as being at my driveway. It last got a signal on Monday...what am I missing?

I have a standard eTrex, but if the Legend works the same way, I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, after I'd left the batteries out of it for a few weeks. What I ended up doing is leaving it on to try to get the satellites, then answered the questions that popped up: "Are you indoors?" No "Have you moved hundreds of miles?" No "Is today __/__/____?" NO. As soon as it knew it had the wrong time, it had an initial satellite lock in less than a minute and was ready to navigate in about 5 minutes.

HTH.