Map Question...

ODragon

Is there a way to set up an interface so you can get driving directions from one cache to another?

I know mapquest will accept coords for one destination but I don't know how to do it for two.

For example,

I want to hit one cache, then hit the next one. W/o an address for the first one, mapquest won't let me put in the second one.

If anyone knows how to set up one of these mapping progs to get me from one cache to another, I'd appreciate a link/instructions!

TIA

Use MapSource, it's an great mapping tool from Garmin. After downloading my PQ from GC.com, I load it into Mapsource and I'm able view all 500 hundred of the nearest caches that I haven't found. From there, I can create routes that will take me from cache to cache. You can also download all the caches and routes directly to your GPS with the click of the mouse.

Actually, that will just scratch the surface of what you can do with MapSource. I also use GSAK which makes MapSource even more effective. Using these two products, I can put together a caching plan for the day in just a few minutes.

Scoob

The beauty of the 60CS solution is that you can change your mind in the field. We've detoured many times to something which looks interesting, and the 60CS has seamlessly rerouted to our cache afterwards. We've also found it useful when deciding to miss out caches due to a lack of time/daylight.

It really is a useful piece of kit.

Stu

I have national geographic TOPO loaded onto my laptop computer along with GSAK. When I go caching, I run a fresh pocket query for the area I'm heading too and load it into GSAK. I can export all the GSAK waypoints directly into TOPO which will give me a map of all the caches in the area while GSAK gives me all the cache pages.

TOPO has a GPS tracking feature. I connect my GPS to my laptop and TOPO can show my exact position updated every 5 seconds. This system allows me to easily navigate from one cache to another and provides all the cache pages in the area as well.

I have national geographic TOPO loaded onto my laptop computer along with GSAK. When I go caching, I run a fresh pocket query for the area I'm heading too and load it into GSAK. I can export all the GSAK waypoints directly into TOPO which will give me a map of all the caches in the area while GSAK gives me all the cache pages.

TOPO has a GPS tracking feature. I connect my GPS to my laptop and TOPO can show my exact position updated every 5 seconds. This system allows me to easily navigate from one cache to another and provides all the cache pages in the area as well.

I do the same thing. I also use Streets & Trips, which has more current road info, but doesn't leave a "bread crumb" trail like TOPO! does (2004 version, I've heard the 2005 does).

Which costs more? A laptop & software or a 60c? Which can you do more with? Which could I talk my wife into buying? :unsure: