Real Deal Caches

Fledermaus

RE: Jerald Deal: aka "Real Deal"(Geocacher), KD7KYU(Amateur Radio), ZooKeeper/992(CB Radio)

He suffered a fatal heart attack away from home on October 29, 2004.

He is survived by his girl-friend Mary and two children, a boy of 11 years and a girl of 14 years. Home Phone: (360) 871-3573.

Viewing/Services will take place at 12N to 2pm on Saturday, November 6, 2004.

Services will be perfomed by Pastor Rick at the Woodlawn-Miller Funeral Home & Memorial Park, located at 5505 Kitsap Way, Bremerton (Top of the hill). Business Phone: (360) 377-7648.

If you wish to send a card to the family, please address it to me and I will pass it onto the family.

Raymond Reese

1706 Jacobson Blvd. NE

Bremerton, WA. 98310

=====================================================

PUBLIC NOTICE!

to inform the general Geocaching community that all of caches belonging to "Real Deal" are being placed up for adoption. If you are interested in one or more of them, please contact me and Team Misguided ASAP.

I should also point out that I have already contacted several persons within the local community, hoping that one or more of them will adopt one of the caches close to their home.

Here is a list of the caches and the status of each as of 11/04/04:

#1 - Seabeck, WA.: "Guillemot Cove Cache" (GC39A0)

Possible New Owner "Bellettere", as of communications 11/04/04. Waiting for confirmation.

*** UPDATE: This cache is being adopted by "Belleterre" as of 11/05/04 ***

#2 - Tracyton, WA.: "Children's Park Beach Cache" (GC3B1E)

Possible New Owner "Fledermaus", but will not prevent another who might be interested.

#3 - Port Orchard, WA.: "Howe Farm Cache VI - Got Balls II" (GCGAHW)

Offer was made to a local geocacher, but no reply as of 11/04/04.

*** UPDATE: This cache is being adopted by "Shop99er" as of 11/05/04 ***

#4 - Silverdale, WA.: "Schold Farm - Redbone's T-Bone" (GCGR3A)

*** UPDATE: This cache is being adopted by "Rivverrat" as of 11/05/04 ***

#5 - Bremerton, WA.: "Mission: Afterburner" (GCH3GR)

Possible New Owner "Fledermaus", but will not prevent another who might be interested.

If you are interested in one of the above caches, please go to that cache and review it before contacting me. All adoption processes will be handled by Team Misguided and myself. All that I ask of a new owner is that the cache remain the same as it is, with little or no changes to it's design.

FLEDERMAUS

Edited by Fledermaus

=====================================================

PUBLIC NOTICE!

I should also point out that I have already contacted several persons within the local community, hoping that one or more of them will adopt one of the caches close to their home.

#3 - Port Orchard, WA.: "Howe Farm Cache VI - Got Balls II" (GCGAHW)

While I have not found this cache, I would be happy to adopt it.

"Rivverrat" in Silverdale has chosen to adopt the "Schold Farm - RedBone's T-Bone". That now leaves only two more to go.

I hope to adopt one of the remaining caches, but as I stated before, I will not stand in the way of someone else adopting one or both of them.

In any case, if others should adopt them, they will need to know some special information about each of these two caches, thus requiring the new owner to contact me.

Message to "Shop99er": contact me about the details of the Howe Farm cache as soon as it is official that you are the new owner. I will then help him locate the cache, unless he wants to hunt for it in the meantime.

I have placed a watch on each of the caches to be adopted. Therefore, I request that the new owner of each adopted cache place some kind of comment onto the cache page, once they have been adopted officially.

Thanks Team Misguided for all your assistance in the adoption process.

BTW, about how long does it take for the adoption process to be completed? I'm sure that others might also like to know as well.

FLEDERMAUS

BTW, about how long does it take for the adoption process to be completed? I'm sure that others might also like to know as well.

The actual process takes only minutes. But I have to get all the urls for the caches and the profiles of the new owners. I'd prefer to send one email to the head office and have it all taken care of at once.

RE: "Children's Park Beach Cache" / GC3B1E by Real Deal

I have sent E-Mail to "Team Misguided" regarding my approval of the adoption for the above named cache by "The4Grays".

Just one more to go!

I already have two caches in the N.A.D. Soroptimist Park and another in the lower N.A.D. Marine Park. Therefore, I would like to find another geocacher to adopt this one remaining cache in that park.

If you are interested in adopting a very good, well hidden and secure cache at the N.A.D. Soroptimist Park in West Bremerton, please contact me ASAP.

If necessary, I will adopt the "Mission: Afterburner" / GCH3GR cache, provided no one else comes forward in the next week or so.

Fledermaus

To Fledermaus and Team Misguided.

As I haven't found the cache I have agreed to adopt, I will need some time to charge out the the Farm and find it.

With the schedule that we have this weekend, I doubt if I can find time on either Saturday or Sunday.

It looks like the only real window of opportunity will be on Veteran's Day weekend.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Hurried to get all the Halloween props put away Saturday and was able to go out hunting for Howe Farm - Got Balls Sunday morning.

Found it.

Everything looks fine in the cache although the cache container had some water in it all the cache contents inside the zip lock bag are dry.

When I adopted the Ball series from Dayvi, I just added "adopted by nolenator" after davyi's in the owner block.  The cache pages could have a memorium in the description.  Peace, Nolenator

:D Nolenter stated very good example of how to deal with a cache adoption by a new owner. By only adding the new name, keeping the old one as is, plus a dedication to the original owner would be, in my mind, the proper thing to do.

Furthormore,

RE: "MISSION: AFTERBURNER" / GCH3GR by Real Deal

B) Since no one has spoken for the above said cache and Team Misguided is waiting to process all of them at one time, I will go ahead and adopt this last remaining cache, in order for the others to be processed.

B) Perhaps someone will speak up for this cache at a later date.

:) Team Misguided: Please proceed with the adoption process for all five caches as. If you wish to make a formal declaration that it has been completed, please do so here in this forum thread.

FLEDERMAUS

Edited by Fledermaus