Help Needed With Little Tb Swap Meet Event

TravelingViking

I would like to call for a little Germany-USA TB Swap Meet Event on Sunday, November 14th in the evening. I am coming from Germany on a business trip (always limits time available for caching :D ) but should be able to bring 10 or so TBs along.

Someone recommended "Marina Park Grill" in Kirkland at 89 Kirkland Ave to me as a good place to meet (and just 10 minutes away from where I am staying). Does anyone happen to have the coordinates or know how to get them from any of the online maps?

Thanks,

Olaf aka TravelingViking

...and get them for you and time

Oops, that should have been "any time"... :lol:

You know how to catch a German's attention...

Ah well, I assume there is good beer in the Marina, too.

LOL...I'm not as ignorant as I may look... :lol:

There are quite a few micro-breweries in the greater Seattle area (which includes Kirkland), and most are 'on-tap' at all the good restaurants in the area. So yes, the Marina Grill should have them. I'm taking off early from work today so I'll stop by and get you the exact coordinates for both places (and maybe a few more). :lol:

Back later this afternoon...

What time is the party? We'll try to be there. And maybe we can drag Pepper along with us. You know how shy she is :lol::lol:

Did somebody say Party?

Twist my arm Lucy and I guess I'll come out and play. :lol:

I don't drink beer, but I am good at socializing looking forward to meeting a real German Cacher!

Pepper

Kirkland Marina Grill is approximately N47d40.505m.W122d12.489m

OK, I found the Marina Park Grill at almost the same coordinates as these... Mine were 47 40.517, 122 12.422

Not sure if it's the same place, but I'd think so.

As for the place I mentioned, it's not the same 'ol Kirkland Roaster and Ale anymore...it is now the Wiamea Brewing Co...based out of Hawaii...with the appropriate kinds of food. Have their own beers as well as all the 'famous' Microbrews from the local area in the bar.

There is another restaurant I really recommend if you like seafood. It's called Anthony's Home Port. It's a little south of the other two (walking distance)...and the approximate coordinates (I was driving when I took the reading) are 47 40.467, 122 12.365.

Now, having said all that...I agree with lucyandrickie...who, what, where, when? ;-)

Kirkland Marina Grill is approximately N47d40.505m.W122d12.489m

OK, I found the Marina Park Grill at almost the same coordinates as these... Mine were 47 40.517, 122 12.422

Not sure if it's the same place, but I'd think so.

As for the place I mentioned, it's not the same 'ol Kirkland Roaster and Ale anymore...it is now the Wiamea Brewing Co...based out of Hawaii...with the appropriate kinds of food. Have their own beers as well as all the 'famous' Microbrews from the local area in the bar.

There is another restaurant I really recommend if you like seafood. It's called Anthony's Home Port. It's a little south of the other two (walking distance)...and the approximate coordinates (I was driving when I took the reading) are 47 40.467, 122 12.365.

Now, having said all that...I agree with lucyandrickie...who, what, where, when? ;-)

Assume your coordinates are correct. I just guessed at the approximate location using mapping software. Thanks for your extra effort.

Edited by runhills

I should be able to make that.

Looking forward to meeting some of the names I've been seeing.

I may even have a new TB for you to take back home with you...see if it can ever find its way home... ;-)

Edit...took an inappropriate "it's" and left the correct "its"... <_<

Edited by Allanon

I see you've placed some TB's into the Event Cache.

Being new at this, I have a question. Is this the best way to exchange them? 'Drop' them into the event to be 'retrieved' by the person taking them?

If so, I'll drop Cody the Bear in as well for his trip to Europe.

I see you've placed some TB's into the Event Cache.

Being new at this, I have a question. Is this the best way to exchange them? 'Drop' them into the event to be 'retrieved' by the person taking them?

Well, so far I "only" participated at about 10ish events and that is how the TB exchange was handled at those. What I like about this method is that it tracks the TB mileage properly...

HOWEVER, I have seen TBs get lost at events which I really hate!

So what I will properly do is to print a list of all the TBs that are in the event cache the evening before and keep track of who is taking which.

FYI: In general I prefer that in terms of TBs cachers only log what they bring and take. However, as there are no strict rules about it - I guess its "log them the way you play the game"...

Olaf

I want to find this cache anyway, let me see if I can and if not, jcar can get it before the event.

Hmm... might be a race. :huh: I've already got one bug who wants to get to Germany and I JUST moved to a new house in Kingsgate and have been meaning to look for caches in the area.

We'll see if I can get my GPSr back in time to get this one.

I want to find this cache anyway, let me see if I can and if not, jcar can get it before the event.

Hmm... might be a race. :huh: I've already got one bug who wants to get to Germany and I JUST moved to a new house in Kingsgate and have been meaning to look for caches in the area.

Congrats on the house!

Sorry to ruin the race, but I actually found this one last week and collected Cody the Bear for his trip to Germany. I'm sure TravelingViking will be more than happy to take your TB as well as Cody to Germany.

But don't let that stop you from doing the Kingsgate Cache, it's a good one. Next Kingsgate one I'm going after is Bridge over Troubled Water...the DVD cache.

I would like to call for a little Germany-USA TB Swap Meet Event on Sunday, November 14th in the evening. I am coming from Germany on a business trip (always limits time available for caching :D ) but should be able to bring 10 or so TBs along.

Someone recommended "Marina Park Grill" in Kirkland at 89 Kirkland Ave to me as a good place to meet (and just 10 minutes away from where I am staying). Does anyone happen to have the coordinates or know how to get them from any of the online maps?

Thanks,

Olaf aka TravelingViking

ITS CLOSED

I had a great time at the event. However, there was something weird that happened when I sat down to get something to eat. Apparently some geocachers had arrived earlier and left without paying their tab, so I had to hand over my credit card to the waitress because she didn't trust us. If anyone forgot to pay their tab they should go back to the place and talk to the folks there to settle up.

Wow, that's surprising. :lol:

I do know that my friend and I had to wait quite awhile to have our server come back and give us our bill, but we did eventually get it and pay.

I'm sure if we had all known we would have chipped in to cover the cost (well, I know I would have).

Sorry you had to do that Jeremy. We didn't get a chance to talk, but I did see you at the other end of the room.

Sorry, I didn't express my thoughts clearly enough.

Although originally I thought he did have to cover the bill, I did come to the same conclusion...just a CC to hold.

But, my comment was more along the lines of just covering the outstanding bill so that there was no hard feelings between the resturant and the geocaching community.

Sorry for the confusion.

Well I just got off the phone with Rosie Ruiz the General Manager of the Waimea Brewing Company. As it turns out it was just a misundetstading, everything consumed liquid and solid last night was indeed paid for in full.

I checked in this with Rosie because of the conservations I had about holding a PS-WSGA meeting at the establishment. Did not want any bad blood.

Pepper

That makes us neighbors, neighbor. I'm in the High Woodlands.

That makes us neighbors, neighbor. I'm in the High Woodlands.

I don't even know the name of the little community I'm in. It's a no outlet neighborhood on 157th St off of 124th Ave.

Just got there so still scoping out the caches in the area. Give me a shout sometime if you want some company on a hunt.

Thanks for following up on the "unpaid bill missunderstanding"!

I am now back in Germany and am checking out the upcoming events here to distribute some of the 22 TBs you guys gave me along...

As the event is over I archived it and I will now also close this topic.

Thanks again to all participating in the swap meet!

Olaf aka TravelingViking