Netscape 7.02

JPlus14

After upgrading to Netscape 7.02, I had problems downloading to ExpertGPS. After much research, I finally found a solution that works. You need to add an entry to the Windows registry.

In the registry browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareNetscapeNetscape NavigatorSuffixes

Right click on Suffixes and select New, String Value.

Change the name to application/xml-loc and hit enter.

Right click application/xml-loc and select Modify.

In the Value data box, enter loc and hit enter.

I hope this helps others that are having this same problem.

I wonder if Vacman and IMLost tells people that drive a different car than Vacman and IMLost drive that they should drive a different car. There are very valid reasons for using Netscape. I am sorry if Vacman and IMLost do not understand that. Based on the emails that I am receiving, my resolution is helping a lot of people. If you don't like Netscape, then you have no reason to follow this thread. Please leave it for those that like Netscape and want to resolve this problem.

"Resistance is futile - you will be assimilated."

TBH - I used to be a total follower of Netscape. Refused to use MSIE.....Then Netscape wouldn't display pages properly, run certain ActiveX stuff, etc. All I am saying is _consider_ something else..... I am not telling you what car to drive.

Peace-out.

--------------------------------------------------

If you drop your keys into molten lava just let 'em go 'cause, man, they're gone.

quote:
Originally posted by JPlus14:

I wonder if Vacman and IMLost tells people that drive a different car than Vacman and IMLost drive that they should drive a different car.

Hey I am just offering some alternatives. I use the browsers that I mentioned and guess what, I am not wasting my time fixing problems that they created you are. I could really care less what browser you use.

Well, Netscape uses the Gecko rendering engine, so instead of getting all of the extra crap and fluff, why not just get the original? Mozilla. It is the only browser on the planet that can claim to render pages anywhere near up to web standards.

Funniest of all, Microsoft helped WC3 come up with the standards, and their browser doesn't even do things properly that were decided on as standard in 1995!!

Heck, tabbed browser and pop-up blocking alone, as well as a cookie manager are reason enough to switch to Mozilla, even if it *didn't* render things the way they are supposed to.