entering coordinates?

GeoVet

If I understand the question correctly the SporTrak Pro and The Garming GPS V both have that ability. When you select the goto or the Garmin equivilant one of the screens will display a map with a line drawn from your current position to the goal. The Garmin handles this better than the Sportrak because the line will shift as you move to always be from where you are currently to your goal. The line on the SporTrak Pro is static. To get it to updat you have to reselect the goto location everytime you want an updated line.

My nephew is using an old Garmin that his dad bought for locating his tree stands. This thing has great reception in all sorts of conditions --I had like 5 sats locked in their living room-- but entering and editing waypoints on the thing is not a simple procedure.

Even reading the manual was tricky. Like reading the "Handbook for the Recently Deceased"...

But that's probably your best bet. Download & read the manual. Ack!

- If the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits. -

quote:
Originally posted by Anders:

My Vista can show either the bearing (from where I am to target) or the course (from where I started to target) on the map.

Anders

The Garmin GPS V gives you the same option for the "direct goto line" but the Mag315 displays only the original course.

Olar

wavey.gif

"Pi 'r not square, Pie 'r round you dummy!"