Geocaching.com Homepage

kbootb

I've just had a row with my ISP as they made a change to one of the services that affected me. I felt that they had not informed me, they pointed out that the 'announcement' was on the home web page. I don't think I have ever looked at this page since day 1. (The announcement wasn't there anyway, it was a small item on a page linked from the home page, so I claim I won that one)

ANYWAY. I then realised, since I have GSAK working well, and set up the forums in the favourites etc, I haven't visited the homepage at geocaching.com for weeks. There could be an important annoucment there and I would never know.

How often do you actually read the home page of any of the GC sites?

<snip> I very rarely visit gcuk as the front page there was at least 4 months out of date last time I looked. </snip>

I will try to sort this out. Its not an area I have access to but will speak to Ian

as for the question, No I dont normally look at the front page. All the pages I use are set as favorites,

Like many others my stored link is to 'my cache' page.

This leads me toanother point. The standard sheet in a cache for 'accidental' finders normally refers to the geocaching website but not o any invidual. The note then goes on tosay please contact site if there is an issue with the cache - I now realise that I think we should specify he email of the cache owner. Any views?

Peter

Wigglesworth wrote:

The note then goes on tosay please contact site if there is an issue with the cache - I now realise that I think we should specify he email of the cache owner. Any views?

I include a one-off email address in each of my caches. I also include the phone number of the Geocaching Association of Great Britain voice mail service. Any cacher who wants to include a phone number in their caches but doesn't want to use their own is welcome to use this service - you don't have to be a member of GAGB. You can find details here.

Back to the original topic - I rarely visit the home pages of any geocaching sites. I use IE History to go straight to the pages I want.

Edit: I said Favourites when I meant History. Doh!

Edited by Bill D (wwh)

I have my 'Homepage' set to my 'Nearest my home' search page which means I get to spot new caches as soon as possible. I open a new browser window or click 'My Homepage' button at least 10 times a day!

This means that I never, ever go on the GC.com homepage and think I have only done that on a couple of occaisions since signing up!

Simon