Weird Places Near You

briansnat

In NJ, there is a popular magazine called Weird NJ and a companion website that documents strange places and people, folklore, local urban legends and the like. Numerous geocachers here have used places documented in Weird NJ to place many

very interesting caches and it has spawned a popular moving cache that visits places documented in the magazine.

There is now a nationwide version of the WNJ website that could be a great source for cache hiding ideas. Because its new, there aren't a whole lot of spots listed yet, but give it time.

briansnat -- i know this is off topic, but is your avatar the peter pan guy from tampa? i've seen him in the middle of the night at walmart and i recognize the pic, but i couldn't find your specific picture there on the web site. hehe

in other on-topic news, florida is the birthplace of the wierd, but everybody's wringing out their stockings from the hurricanes. i'm sure i can uproot one (but i'll be sure to leave everything the way i found it).

briansnat -- i know this is off topic, but is your avatar the peter pan guy from tampa? i've seen him in the middle of the night at walmart and i recognize the pic, but i couldn't find your specific picture there on the web site.

Yep, its him.

It's just really hard for me to believe that there are no weird stories about Florida posted yet. This is the birthplace of weird

Well get crackin' and add one :rolleyes: .

Edited by briansnat