New Symbol On Search Page

mfwbbb

:blink: Thanks everyone for your replys. And Jeremy, I guess you work for Groundspeak and did the programming for the new Icon. Thank you. I had wanted some way of knowing the size of a cache when just looking at the search info, (sometimes I do not want to hunt micro's), now I have it.

Thanks again

Jeff

:)

Of course, another new and nice feature....brought out of production without any information whatsoever.

Really, I'd run a PR/New Info/Latest Changes page on the site for free.

Actually there were several threads about this, including 2 that specifically suggested the idea that included comments from Jeremy. He also mentioned he was working on it BEFORE it was put into place.

sd

Actually there were several threads about this, including 2 that specifically suggested the idea that included comments from Jeremy. He also mentioned he was working on it BEFORE it was put into place.

Yep. I commented in those (or started them) too. Those threads are in the GC.com Site forum and don't reach quite the same readership as this one, so I felt it was worth putting out there again.

Meanwhile, what "it"s are you refering to in the statement "he was working on *it* before *it* was put into place"?

What other it is there?

The Newest Additions page idea quoted from my post.

If you were referencing the box-size images, then do we each need to keep a list of all of the things that Jeremy mentions are in development? Then we'd cross-reference that list when something new suddenly appears to see if it fits a description of what has arrived? Then we'd go back to the forums to find the post that we noted his mention of the development (even though the features of the new function may be completely different than when it was mentioned in development)?

Or someone could volunteer to put up a New Additions/Latest Changes/Look How GC.com is helping you today/Check here for updates page since that type of PR is not really apparent around here from the current crew.

What other it is there?

The Newest Additions page idea quoted from my post.

If you were referencing the box-size images, then do we each need to keep a list of all of the things that Jeremy mentions are in development?

Actually, all you have to do is pay attention to the thread you're posting in. This topic has nothing to do with a "new additions" suggestion and everything to do with the new icons on cache search pages.

southdeltan

This topic has nothing to do with a "new additions" suggestion and everything to do with the new icons on cache search pages.

You mean the new icons on the cache search pages that should have been announced on a new additions page?

This topic was a fine place to mention that another new feature has come out and topics such as this one are the best means of learning about them. The two thoughts are far more related than most branches that the topics in this forum devolve into.

Of course, another new and nice feature....brought out of production without any information whatsoever.

Really, I'd run a PR/New Info/Latest Changes page on the site for free.

sd

You made a post about the new symbols. I replied that it was mentioned before it was implemented.

I'm not sure where you got confused as to what I was talking about.

The thread isn't about a "new additions page" although it wouldn't be a bad idea.

sd