Pocket Pc Gps Software

Saylor -n- Crew

GSAK!

super program - super support - free -

very powerful program -

go to gps units and software forum -

GSAK hasn't been ported to the Pocket PCs. I use GPXSonar. It does a job similar to GSAK and you can log finds and export them to a txt file for importing into GSAK later.

Cache Well

I'll add another vote for GPXSonar on the Pocket PC. Before we go caching, I use GSAK on my PC to create a filtered subset of caches that will fit into my Magellan SporTrak Map (under 500 caches.) From GSAK, I export those into a new GPX file which I sync onto the Pocket PC, and I also load the waypoints from it onto the Magellan. Then I have a GPX file on the Pocket PC that matches the waypoints on the GPSr; makes it easier to look for nearby caches as you go.

I also use G7toCE on the Pocket PC. With it, I can have multiple GPX files on the PPC and reload the GPSr with a new file any time. It makes the SporTrak almost as functional as the Meridian that I don't own... (with its SD cards) :anibad:

USAPhotoMaps on the PC rounds out my most-used geocaching program list. I sometimes use it to create small JPGs of an area with caches marked (those time when I think I might wish for a map while I'm caching.) It's also good for pre-planning a route around an area. Load the GPX file that is on your PPC (and your GPSr) into USAPM and you can see all of the caches on one map. You can even create a route between the caches and upload it to your GPSr if you like...

GPx Sonar and GPS Tuner are a great combo on a Pocket PC (mine is an ancient Compaq IPAQ 3670).

The latest version of GPS Tuner now can read the GPX file format. So I just copy my pocket queries to the PPC as is. Both GPx Sonar and GPS Tuner can open them (earlier version of GPS Tuner required something -- I used GPx Sonar on the PPC -- to convert to the .LOC format).

BTW, anybody get Mapopolis to show caches? It's nice for driving directions in an unknown area -- but would be nice to see the caches on that map also.

BTW, anybody get Mapopolis to show caches? It's nice for driving directions in an unknown area -- but would be nice to see the caches on that map also.

gpxtomaplet converts the same ,gpx file you use with gpxsonar to a maplet that will show little red round icons (flags when zoomed). Then as you're driving around you can tap that icon and get the info and route to it as well. Quite neat.

Edited by Alan2