Geocaching And Dentistry...

interestingly enough... i have figured out that a quarter of the caches i have found were done on the way to or returning from dentist appointments... since i ride my bike, i have good chances to casually stop and pluck them up.

but as for the rest of you... do any of you have frequent caching times that you never realized before?

interestingly enough... i have figured out that a quarter of the caches i have found were done on the way to or returning from dentist appointments... since i ride my bike, i have good chances to casually stop and pluck them up.

but as for the rest of you... do any of you have frequent caching times that you never realized before?

I usually find caches when I happen to be out caching. :)

realized? Lunchtime

Unrealized....hmmmmm. no, usually I have to be on constant alert for any slightly possible moment of chance.

The wife can't even mention a trip without seeing that caching gleam in my eye.

Edit: Oh and that includes the return visit to the bed and breakfast where we spent our honeymooon.

Hey! It'll be late October and she did bring up that we could walk through some of the nearby parks.

Edited by Elf Danach

Well, that would be 6, right?

So far, any caches I've found have been on planned caching trips specifically for caching or planned ahead of time while en route to somewhere else, like our recent vacation.

How often do you have dentist appointments?

hey, i have orthos... B)

That explains it. You DO have a lot of appointments, then!

once every month. sad thing is, i'm getting (the top half of) my braces off tomorrow... less caching opportunities. bah. makes me sad.

back on topic though, yes, six of my caches were done on trips to the dentist... i realized this just the other day at one, at which i did three. does anyone have any trends of caching that they inadvertantly follow? i had planned these three caches, but i never considered the theme i had going...

... possible cache idea? :blink:

you have a slight resemblance to paige davis... eh. never mind.

but seriously, if a dentist cache were to be done, how would it work? i mean, yeah, just plant one outside the building, but come on...

but what about those numbers/letters that correspond to the teeth? like isnt there some numbering/ordering system to teeth or something like that? or am i making that up? if there is something, you could get a nice puzzle cache out of it...

Yes, it's called the Universal Numbering System, and each tooth is numbered 1-32, starting with the upper right 3rd molar (a.k.a. 'wisdom tooth'), going all the way around to the left, then dropping down to the left third molar and coming back around to the right. And you could be on to something! (puzzle cache)

As far as placing it.....not sure that matters. The goodies inside could all be dental themed.

Oh, and the Paige Davis thing.......it's the haircut :blink: . In fact, I took a picture of her in to the beauty shop when I got it cut.