Paper Topo Maps - Where To Get 'em?

Couparangus

I'm in the GTA area. Does anyone know where to get printed topo maps of various islands around the Caribbean? I need some poster-sized ones of various islands.

Thanks!

C-A

C-A, I can stop at Hikers Haven and inquire for you. They are owned by European Bound so there is a good chance they can accomodate International requirements. I'll let you know.

Olar

I have heard that good mapping data can be hard to come by in less-developed countries. Not sure about the Caribbean, but definitely an issue in South America. From what I understand you might end up getting maps that are U.S. in origin, and may not be that detailed or accurate.

If you just want to look U of T has them http://atlantis.chass.utoronto.ca/maplib/cgi-bin/topo.pl as does York. Not sure if they're available on loan.

Thanks HO! It has a call number of 1986. Hmmm...I wonder if that's the most recent survey?

The best part about this is I'm probably going down there for work in a few weeks, but I'm sure I'll have time to grab the six caches on the island. :lol:

Cheers!

Coupar-Angus