2 Of 3 Ain't Bad

WxGuesser

Today as I was checking up on my caches i saw a guy and girl comming away from the area where one of my caches is... I continued up to the cache and found a travel bug and a log with the same date and come to findout it had a time on it.. this log was only about 20 minutes old! I was alittle shocked at my find and because I'm new to this.. i was really excited but i couldn't take it... it had only been there for about 20 minutes.. also i want someone else whoever it may be to have the pleasure. anyway me and my friends ( chuck and adam) continued on to check the another cache of mine .. it's about 4 miles to the next one.. so we rode our mt bikes there... nobody had found this cache yet.. however when we were leaving.. who did we see.. the same guy and girl.. i was like.. no way... so i just told them that my gps had gotten me to about 7 ft from the cache... they said cool and we continued on our way.... now when i get home i check my caches and to my surprise.. 2 of my 3 caches have travel bugs in them.... What's kind of cool is that there were no caches in this part of SOUTH KOREA.. and in about a month my new caches have been found by a couple people.. now my question is.. what do i do with the travel bugs.... guess i better do a search.... peace out...

Congratulations Foretrex201. Looks like you're off to a great start. I checked your cache pages and all three look most well thought out and interesting. But I'm wondering...

I'm somewhat of a noobie myself and was surprised that you got 3 caches approved by TPTB, yet... have not found a single cache yourself? Gosh, I thought it was nearly impossible to get a cache approved unless you at least had a handful or more of finds under your belt. Must be 'cuz you devised such excellent caches. :blink:

As far as "what do i do with the travel bugs...." - well depending on their missions (search for their TB page by their tb number here:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/

If you can move them along to other caches swiftly, that would be best. Otherwise, just leave them in the caches they're presently in, and perhaps the next folks who happen by will take them and move them along.

You don't have to run out and grab travel bugs from your own caches, someone will be along to pick them up soo enough. But you can if you want to. If the bugs sit too long, then sure, go get them and move them along, but they may entice people to visit your caches.

Congratulations Foretrex201.

I'm somewhat surprised that you got 3 caches approved by TPTB, yet...  have not found a single cache yourself?  Gosh, I thought it was nearly impossible to get a cache approved unless you at least had a handful or more of finds under your belt.  Must be 'cuz you devised such excellent caches.  :unsure:

Hey globalgirl, Not having found a cache, for getting a cache approved is not a reason. Usually, newbies have issues with placing a new cache that could be many, not knowing The how to place a cache is usually the reason for the hang-ups. They could have errors with coords, or placing it within the 528ft rule. I could go on, but reading the How to place a cache - does help . So if you do your homework first, you should have no problem placing one. Hope this helps explain it. Now go out and place one of your <_< own ! SF1

Thanks for the encouragement SF1. But I was only surmising that (based on various reports here in the forums) it would be highly unlikely to get a cache approved w/o some finds experience. That's why I applouded FT201 for apparently creating such great caches that they all passed muster even w/o a single find to his name.

Totally understandable. As a noobie I'm finding that with each and every cache I find (or err occasionaly... dnf <_< ), I learn more about what it takes to create a good cache. So I have no problem with a tough (read: high standard) of cache approval. It surely makes for more high quality caches. g-knows what we DON'T need is a plethora of ho-hum, nay dangerous or at best ill-thought out, caches. And thus ultimately ups the standards of gc in general.

Thanks for the encouragement SF1.  But I was only surmising that (based on various reports here in the forums) it would be highly unlikely to get a cache approved w/o some finds experience.  That's why I applouded FT201 for apparently creating such great caches that they all passed muster even w/o a single find to his name.

That person could be also, using whats called a sock puppet account. It's a second account that some use for "placing a cache only".

Therefore, they have" no finds". Some, I've herd of use different accounts for different types for caches. One account may be reg type of caches, another for multis, and another for virtuals. They have their reasons. Hope this helps explains another reason.

I've been here almost 4 yrs. and am always learning something new, by reading the forums. It's amazing - never too old to learn. :o SF1