Bellingham Caching

Tangle and Cache

Are there any Geocaching events scheduled in the Bellingham area?

If not, would anyone be interested in a geocaching get together, or a one day cache contest?

Maybe a travel bug race which starts in Bellingham and is targeted for some distant part of the world.

Any interest?

We just had a cache machine in Bellingham in February visit link so another one probably wouldn't be appropriate for awhile.

There are quite a few cachers in the Whatcom/Skagit County area, but I don't think many are active on the forums. There was some interest a few months ago in an event cache or picnic, maybe we can put something together for next month.

Are there any Geocaching events scheduled in the Bellingham area?

If not, would anyone be interested in a geocaching get together, or a one day cache contest?

Maybe a travel bug race which starts in Bellingham and is targeted for some distant part of the world.

Any interest?

ok... here's how you do it:

1. Pick a place.... A pizza joint is probably best, but any place that serves food is ok. It's best to pick one that allows children. A central location is best, one that everyone in your target area can get to easily.

2. Pick a date and time. Weekends are good, but weekday evenings can work also.

3. Post your Event Cache.

4. Invite everyone. Post a message or two on the forums to let everyone know about it.

5. Show up and see how many other do also.

Hi ya... another rather newbie.. still waiting impatiently to get my gps in snail mail.

I generally couldnt seem to find much for events in the north puget sound.

There is a yahoo groups list.. for the Sound region

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WSGAPS/

Also Statewide..

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geocachingwa/

Though not much activity for events.... I have had one in mind that would be a poker run for one day.. ending at a picnic area for potluck.

But if you keeping of a list of maybe who to invite.. add me to it.

Charles

Mt Vernon, WA

Cool, timing is perfect, the 21st is my birthday. <_< All41 reserved a condo at Birch Bay for us all to come over and do some caching for my birthday weekend. It was really nice of you all to plan a big party for me, with my favorite kind of food even, that is if you don't mind some Cach-cadians crashing your event. ;)