Planning A Trip

I'm going to lincoln at the end of the week and was thinking of bagging a few caches on the way. I'm travelling down the A1 from Morpeth to Licoln and was wondering how you go about finding caches on route.

Finding places on the way from maps etc. getting postcodes and searching seems a lot of hard work!

Can anyone tell me simpler way?

I was thinking of caches maybe a mile or so off the A1, so as not to upset the wife too much with all the stopping and starting.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

If you have GSAK loaded with all the caches in the UK (or at least the area you're interested in) I believe, but never tried, that you can create a multi segmented 'arc' between pre-defined waypoints along the route you propose and then ask GSAK to give you all the caches within a pre-defined distance from the 'arc'.

Like I say, I believe the option is there but I've never actually tried it.

How long will you be staying in lincoln for? I am at uni there (but also support the football club and so will be up for our home games). The first home game i will be there for is the rushen game (14th August) if you are still around!

If not try mud mire and coot OD. those are the two caches closest to lincoln

If its Sherwood you are going to, you could try a search on GC2024 Major Oak.

On your way down just off the A1 is GC1729 Tigger heads south. Depending which way you come into Lincoln from the A1, You could try GCHQPW Sophies Patch or GCK2W9 Dustboat in Clumber park or if you come via M181 try GCHXHX Moor wood than twigs.

Try these:

GC22D7,Path Head

GC24D0,Angels View View!!!

GC5FFA,Rock around the Clockburn by Drift

GC781,Angels View

GC8D7F,Quayside Phototrek

GCA2C5,Postie's Present

GCA528,A1/M62 - Bug Hotel

GCG5YE,King Coal

GCGJGX,A Plessant Walk

GCGQT3,Electric Avenue

GCGVEA,Milby Lock

GCHBXE,Chester-le-Cache

GCHC5Z,Cataractonium

GCHD40,The Gascoigne Express

GCHD65,Spotters' Heaven

GCHERQ,the TEES BUG BOX

GCHGMB,Hardwick Hall Park

GCHRF2,Mud Mire by lathama

GCHXHX,Moor Wood than Twigs

I have these in GSAK so if you want them in a particular format, just let me know and I can send them to you.

Hope that helps.

Sorry very confussed????

I'm fairly new to caching and not sure of the more advanced ways of finding caches etc.

I only have an etrex yellow and input all waypoints and co-ords by hand.

Find a cache roughly where you will be going,UK map

Click on "nearest caches", find more in the direction you want to go and download them to EasyGPS. When you have them all, its easy to download them to your GPS via cable, I got mine from pfranc for about a tenner.

Pqs are available to premium members and can be as simple or as complicated as you want, some people have all the caches in the UK and some just the few nearest to their home. You can then carry them around on a pocket pc or a laptop.

You do need to get a cable though. <_<

Edit to include ppfranc

Edited by naffita