Wetside Caching

Patudles

Friday, August 6, Robinego and I plan on coming over to the wetside to cache where it will hopefully be cooler. Robinego's planning on cache #200 and we are limited to easy caches do to injury recovery. Any Gal Pals out there game to come join us in the fun? Pepper, are you or Lucy or Cindy available or anyone else who wants to join in? At this point we might even welcome some rain. Whew! it is to hot to cache much over here, and getting out of the smoke sounds good also. :o

Edited by Patudles

Hey, gals what do you think should we let the guys in? I am not opposed. I just want this to be a fun 200th find day for Robinego. I love the idea of Pepper and/or Lucy planning our day. No laughing at us though, snickering is allowed. Maybe you could pick out a great one for Robinego's 200th. right now she is at 192 and is wondering whether she should pick up a few easy ones at home this week before we head over or save it all for Friday? Neither of us have hunted in Redmond. Actually I have done very little hunting on the wetside. How is the weather forcast. It is HOT over here and we will welcome cooler weather. I will talk to Robinego about if she just wants a gal pal day or not too. This is her big event day.

Edit: Ooops

Edited by Patudles

Leaving it up to ya'll as to the boy/girl thing. I like boys...enough so that I married one. :o

One idea is that we could meet at Snoq. Pass and do MA's Scout Lake cache for her 200. I know that is on both mine and Pepper's list to do. It has only 1 finder the last time I looked.

The other thought is to do Redmond and get her in position to hit 200 and maybe do something at the Pass towards the end of the day. That way ya'll are in a good place to make the drive home.

Robin's choice. Looking forward to it :o

Hey, is this a girl only event? Some of us guys are open to mid-week caching also. I don't get a chance to cache with others that often.

The vote is in Jester, we'd be pleased to have you and any others who want to join the fun come along. Is there any area that Lucy and Pepper haven't explored as throughly besides the mountain tops?

Whoopee...it's a party! :o I think Jester should provide entertainment, what kind I leave for debate. :o Can't wait to meet both he and Raven. Scout Lake sounds great. Due to a back injury which has been a major pain in the butt (literally) huge elevation gains would not be the best. Meeting in Snoq it is. Raven, bring along the kidlette, we can always use little hands and young eyes to help out. Pepper, will your geochicks be joining us too? Snickering is allowed, guffaws, howling and knee slapping will be punishable :o .

We need to figure the where and when. Toodles and I have been known to leave the house before the street light go off!

-R-

R & B I will not be able to make it this Friday. I took a spill off of our pool table last and busted open the old noggin. So I'll be staying around the house for a fews days taken it easy.

Dern the luck.

Pepper

Pepper, Pepper

You must stay away from those hazardous sports like Billiards and Pool.

I hope you are OK and wish you a speedy recovery!

R & B I will not be able to make it this Friday.  I took a spill off of our pool table last and busted open the old noggin.  So I'll be staying around the house for a fews days taken it easy.

Dern the luck.

Pepper

This is surely a stupid question, but what exactly were you doing ON the pool table? An especially hard shot to get a good angle for? <_<

Get better quick!

That derned ole Pepper had to go and get hurt :blink:

She sent me a pic. and it looks ouchy.

Leaving it up to the girl of the day Robin. Meet at the Pass and do Scout Lake for the milestone or find some leading up to that?

The only other one in the area that we don't have is Nolenators Barrel of Monkeys. YeahYeahYeah I know it's really a Barrel of Fun but I get something in my head and there it is. <_<

Otherwise, I don't mind a bit hanging out and re-visiting some other local nice caches.

Caution! Don't sit on pool table while working a jig-saw puzzle, keep feet firmly on ground.

I'm ok ya'll just 11 stitches and a 3 inch cut, I feel sure I'll live to see my next cache!

Pepper

Oh Man, Pepper! Time to dish you out a little sympathy! (you did such a good job for me, I don't think I can match it).

Oooo Ouchhh. (ladies are so much better at this) We all love ya sugar. Can we bring you something? A nice tall cool summer drink to soften the blow? A nice pillow for your feet? A print out of the most recent hides? Just let us know darlin'! icon12.gif

Caution! Don't sit on pool table while working a jig-saw puzzle, keep feet firmly on ground.

I'm ok ya'll just 11 stitches and a 3 inch cut, I feel sure I'll live to see my next cache!

Pepper

Big bummer Pepper! Hope you heal quickly and you find yourself hunting down those caches real soon!

Pepper

Ah, too bad. I was assuming it had involved party hats and dancing.

Here I thought maybe you were trying out some new shoes to dance in. Like maybe a pair from MGTS.

Sorry about the owie. Hope you feel better soon. If you get bored maybe you could join us on some easier ones or at least for lunch or something.

And to answer the question will we get more caches. Yes, we like to grab as many as we can whenever we get over that way. #'s you know us from the dry side need to get our #' up or else get some clever ideas to take home and share.

Edit: OOOPs

Edited by Patudles

Leaving it up to the girl of the day Robin. Meet at the Pass and do Scout Lake for the milestone or find some leading up to that?

The only other one in the area that we don't have is Nolenators Barrel of Monkeys. YeahYeahYeah I know it's really a Barrel of Fun but I get something in my head and there it is.  :huh:

Well, I will get a few tomorrow so Scout Lake is #200 and we can go towards that one directly. Barrel of Monkey's (yeah yeah, I know) looks good too. I know Toodles needs Lost and #41 Found, you and Pepper left. It was getting late last time we drove by it and didn't feel like getting lost and later found in the middle of the lake.

I've got the Tahoe that sits 8 so I can drive unless someone wants to lend us a jeep so we can go bouncing around, giggling, jiggling and hair flying.

What time shall we begin?

Pepper, I'm so sorry to hear about your owie, but a jigsaw puzzle??? C'mon, you can come up with a better story than that! Wont be the same without you.

-R-

It's too true! I saw the very jigsaw puzzle earlier this evening! (Wednesday night.) One is finished, and two more are in the works. I even got to see the bloodstain on the carpet! :huh:

Actually, many thanks to Pepper for loaning me a GPSr to use on my trip to Spokane on Friday -- and for some lessons on how to use one of these new-fangled thingies!

Okay, the last word out is meet at Scout Lake Cache at 8 a.m. Friday morning, August 6, 2004. After we find that cache, which is planned for Cache #200 for Robinego, we will see what Lucy has up her sleeve for us to go find. Looking forward to seeing you all there, Lucy, Nomad Raven, Jester and anyone else who just happens want to play the day away. B)

..l.

I've got the Tahoe that sits 8 so I can drive unless someone wants to lend us a jeep so we can go bouncing around, giggling, jiggling and hair flying.

I think it's so cool that you picked my cache for #200.

The road to this cache is pretty good since it was just graded a couple of months ago. A carpool is a good idea since you will need to park alongside the road.

Good luck and stay on the west side of the creek.

P.S. Now if you really want to go bouncing around.. I do have another at the end of the same road where it has definately not been graded for quite a while. A drive in the woods #2 - Top of the world

Edited by MarcusArelius
Okay, so we will amend that to meet at exit 47 off of I-90 at 8 a. m.. Is there a good place to meet and park the extra autos? Marcus, maybe you can answer that for us, where abouts near the exit should we meet to carpool?

Most of the lots right around exit 47 require a NW forest permit. I would recommend parking at the bottom of FSR 5510. There is plenty of room there a couple hundred yards up the road from the turn.

You could also park 3-4 vehicles up at the cache trailhead if that's all that are coming.

P.S. Now if you really want to go bouncing around.. I do have another at the end of the same road where it has definately not been graded for quite a while. A drive in the woods #2 - Top of the world

Well, Toodles and I had discussed that one, however, the Tahoe is WIDE and I love my green paint, and I'm calling in lazy for an extended walk tomorrow.

I think I'll drag my "cache-ignorant" husband up there in his old truck and take advantage of him with that gorgeous view! B) -R-

I think I'll drag my "cache-ignorant" husband up there in his old truck and take advantage of him with that gorgeous view! B) -R-

Well I did take the wife up there. She didn't like the drive as much as I do. In fact, she walked the rocks and obstacle parts on the way down.

No comment on whether I took advantage of her up there. :mellow:

8 a.m.? Yikes! :blink:

I went to a "con" in Las Vegas last weekend, and there was DJing at the pool near our room until 6 a.m. every morning. I must not be as resilient as I used to be, because my sleep schedule is still completely turned around! It's a 57-mile drive from here, so I'll have to leave by 6:30 at the latest to get around the commuter traffic. That also means I'll have to be lucid enough to drive through commuter traffic! B):mellow::unsure:

So, if my daughter and I are late, just head on without us. We'll catch up! I'll have my FRS radio with me.

If I see anybody taking advantage of anybody, I just might turn around and go home! :wacko: Hehe!

1) I have a Forest Pass

2) The advantage taking will be done without spectators!!!

3) I will leave something in the cache for Super Pooch from the World's Best (although lazy and smelly) Dog.

4) Redmond...OOOOooooo.... am I ready for the big time?

5) We will leave here about 6:00 and hit 2 along Blewett. Sleep? You don't need sleep, you'll get plenty of that when you're dead. This is the home of the over-roasted Starbucks caffeine buzz isn't it?

See you all in the AM B)

As I 'blew' out my boots going up to GCD (wish I could post a picture- heel stiching gone completely & sole 3/4 off), I can't meet & hike, but what time will you be in Redmond area? I can try and meet/find you (with bells on, literally) - if you're on FRS 2 I should have an easier time (anybody else have a Rino?).

No Rhinos that I know of. But I think Lucy has the other equipment. Lucy's got a bunch lined up for us in Redmond so we will give you a holler. I wouldn't count on us being back down much before noon knowing the way I hike. I hike slow to give the others time for their scheduled pit stops. :D

Yeah, who came up with the title for this thread, anyway? It was definitely a self-fulfilling prophecy! :smile:

Sorry we missed you Jester! I tried to call the payphone back that you'd called from, but some other guy answered and said you'd left. I decided not to invite him caching. :ph34r: Ah well, next time.

Boy, was it ever an eventful day! Lots of laughs, though. It was nice meeting you Robin and Patudles, and nice seeing you again Lucy! I had a blast! It was nice to have a little adventure. ;)

Yeah, well I was complaining about the heat. We sure did get cooled down on this one. With 3 raincoats hanging in the closet you'd thunk I'd brung one along. So we had to change it momentarily in to a cashing experience for dry clothes. All in all fun time was had. Didn't get to finish Scout Lake. Did get to be first finders on the Moun10family cache and stopped by to wish Pepper well. Lucy was a super cache-guide. Lots of fun and laughs comparing Garmins to Maggies. We all agreed that Lucy's has pretty pictures. Jester, we owe you one. We don want to come back again. Are you willing to try another day? :ph34r: