Leaving Bottled Water In 'caches?

Okay... just so that we are all on the same page (and thanks for the voice of calm reason Shunra).... I am ONLY talking about a clean, sealed bottle of water in a 'cache with enough room for it. Obviously (I hope) anything green, slimy, or moldy (with apologies to webfoot! :blink: ) should be CITO'd!

I'm trying, I'm trying...

Glad my effort is being noticed. :lol:

According to the International Bottled Water Association

FDA has not established a shelf life for bottled water. IBWA advises consumers to store bottled water at room temperature (or cooler), out of direct sunlight and away from solvents and chemicals such as gasoline, paint thinners and dry cleaning chemicals. Bottled water can be used indefinitely if stored properly.

Then why does bottled water have an expiration date?? hehehe :lol:

Ever noticed??

Oh and for humor's sake, when I read that "hard work and warm water" make you sick, I almost died laughing.  Sounds like somebody has never really worked before.  Try backpack camping in the mountains - lol!!  I'm stll laughing.

Okay fine !!! :o How about 'warm work and hard water'! Now that'll make you sick ... hehehe

or just the work part! :lol:

I am new to caching & expect other cachers to be considerate and safe. As a nurse, I don't have a problem with drinking a bottle of water if I'm sure it had never been opened - I break the seals! Actually, I bought some lanyard-type holders for carrying a bottle of water & had planned on leaving both in a cache, if the cache was of appropriate size. :mad:

The only time I'd take a bottle of water from a cache was if it was crazy hot and I wanted to dump it on myself. I don't trust any of you people enough to drink or eat anything left in a cache. :mad:

Im VERY VERY honest!

But who wants HOT water in Summer time?

That assumes your cache is in a place that freezes.

I wouldn't make that statement if it didn't freeze here (Here being central MS - about 33N). We're a few months away from that, but it does happen.

I still can't imagine drinking or eating anything I found in a cache, but I digress.

sd

Edited by southdeltan
Bottled water in summer is not a good idea because hot water and exercise are not very friendly.

I recently had a trip to one of my customers home and it was the first time that a buddy come with me because this time i needed the help of take a desk to the costumer home.

During the trip i was very thirsty and i decided to drink warm water from a Thermos flask I had in my car, then we had to carry that desk upstairs, i am not used to doing the work of our deliveries, inmediatly I noticed that the water drinked was turning my stomach due to that simple exercise.

Our computer produt inmediatly failed once installed and while my buddy was arguing with the costumer i spent an hour and half vomitind and the other thing in his bathroom.

I spent two days without eating and just drinking water and aquarius in bed.

It was very amusing when my boss call me saying that the costumer said him that my buddy was an incompetent but on the other hand the ill man was an excelent professional :mad: , he only wanted to see me soon and sort the problems.

I learned that if i see a warm bottled water in a cache during a hike i never will drink it.

Nope, it wasn't just the warm water and exersize. I went through basic training in the summer and all you have to carry water in is a plastic canteen. The water does get hot, and you are still glad to have it as you are busting your butt. I think it was probably bateria from your thermos. Not saying that it wasn't clean, warm and moisture in an unsterilyzed environment though, can make some pretty nasty things grow.

The only time I'd take a bottle of water from a cache was if it was crazy hot and I wanted to dump it on myself.  I don't trust any of you people enough to drink or eat anything left in a cache.  :mad:

Im VERY VERY honest!

But who wants HOT water in Summer time?

Believe me, if you are thirsty enough, you would be glad to have it.