Selling

Fakk 2

Due to a recent "pathetic" thread there were people that said it was fine to sell a yjtb because it was a "commercial" tb. Personally a tb is a tb. no matter who is sponsering it. Just because Little Johny saved up his 5 dollars to buy a tb tag and put it on his favorite stffed animal and sends it out the world. Does that give people the right to sell that stuffed animal? Hopefully everyone says No. Why? because it is little Johny's stuffed annimal. So why is it different that a company that purchases 100's of tb tags to release their tbs. Because its now "selling" a product. Is it really sending out the message "Look at me I am a corvette, go buy one." ? Do the companies loose their ownership now becuse they sent it out to the world TO BE PASSED ON FROM CACHE TO CACHE just like little Johny? This site says that CACHES are not to be commercialized. NOT TBs. Or maybe I missed that part or didn't read between the lines.

Anyways not so much sure if htis is just an off rant to people that felt though "morally" wrong, it wasn't necessarily illegal because they don't own it. but with that thinking then nothing is owned out there, and everyone's tb's would be sellable (wheether traded for or not, since TB's are not considered a trade item).

Again, not sure I understand how people think it would be fine to sell a TB that was released by a company, but not alright to sell little Johny's.

Ok I feel better for getting that off my chest.

I was thinking the same thing - sure the TBs (any TB) is released and meant to passed from person to person, and there's always a risk that it will get swiped or kept by someone if they like what's attached to it, but like you said, it still belongs to the person who released it. When a TB comes home it is listed as being 'in the hands of the owner'.

For someone to take someone else's TB and sell whatever is attached to it is wrong - doesn't matter if it belongs to a 'regular' cacher or Jeep - it's not someone else's property to sell.

My 2 cents!

~Rhubarb

Edited by Pilgrim, Rhubarb, & Sweet Pea

I feel like a caretaker of a TB when I find one. It's not mine to sell or keep. It belongs to someone who has sent it out into the community to reach a goal and trusts that everyone will take care of it and help it reach the goal. Anyone selling a TB or keeping one should keep in mind how they would feel if they sent a TB out into the world and someone decided to keep it or sell it. Some of these TBs are sentimental to people and it's no wonder they get so upset when it goes missing. Granted if it's so sentimental, maybe they shouldn't have let it go but when you trust that there are good people in the world with the same goals as you, you don't think that anything is going to happen and you anticipate a TB reaching its goal. I have one TB that I will never let go. I know that not everyone plays the game the same as I do and the risk of it being swiped or lost is too great. Kinda puts a damper on the TB game in that respect.

I don't like dealing with TBs really. I worry about someone swiping one that I placed in a cache and not logging the cache or the TB. That leaves me stuck with the suspicions from the owner that come with that situation.