What Is The Point?

MeIsMook

Being new to geocaching I just wondered if someone cold tell what the point of doing this with a TB is :(

The "this" in question is, a cacher collects a TB from a cache then takes it with them to aother cache but instead of leaving it they just log that they have dropped it off and picked it up again :wacko:

Any comments would be welcome what do other people think about this?

Surely this is not how TBs were supposed to operate, should there not be a rule against this?

IMHO I think that if you drop it off to should not be allowed to pick it up straight away, especially not from the same cache another cacher should have to handle the TB before it can be logged on the website again? :(

Sometimes, somebody will do that with a bug that is in a race IF they are able to take it further, so that it is tracked along the way. Or it could be a personal bug.

It isn't a big deal really, as long as they do it all at once, so that there isn't a TB there virtually for awhile. That is annoying when you think a TB is there, but someone got it.

Worst though is when someone logs in the physical log that they picked up a TB, but never log it in online, or release it. :(

A TB owner can pretty much do what they want. They set the goal and what it is attached to. Personally I think the TB used by its owner is kind of neat. I wouldn't think it was appropriate to take someone elses TB and do that, but if it was mine, why not.

sometimes if i'm carrying a cool TB i'll log it into caches where i don't actually leave it just so there's a record of where it went before it leaves me.

fer instance, i once picked one up in northern NH, brought it home and then turned around and left it about 10 miles from where it started, but in between it went a couple hundred miles. so i logged it in and out of a cache near where it went.

MeIsMook:

I've done the "this" you referred to. In my case I picked up a TB up in Atlanta, GA and brought it home with me to Warner Robins where I logged it in and then retrieved it from one of my caches. I then placed it in another cache in South Carolina. I did it because I wanted the bug to reflect the true path of travel it took from Atlanta -> Warner Robins -> South Carolina.

This particular bug had a goal of visiting as many caches as possible so in my opinion I did what the TB owner wanted done.

Zack