Travel Bug Help Sheet Download

travel bug sheet

Thought I would bring this up again after having two bugs go missing and after reading some of the logs from caches in my area that people pick up bugs and hide them again without logging them . It can be annoying to bug owners when this happens. so you can use this handy sheet by Markwell to attach to your bug

It must be about two years sinse I first mentioned it. and we have a lot more cachers now.

Nige

You don't need to do all that. Just go to the bug's page and click on 'print bug sheet' at the top on the right hand side. Voila! one bug sheet. We usually print a smaller version out and laminate it to send off with our bugs.

Tigger

Yep thats what I do B):)

You don't need to do all that. Just go to the bug's page and click on 'print bug sheet' at the top on the right hand side. Voila! one bug sheet. We usually print a smaller version out and laminate it to send off with our bugs.

Tigger

Sorry to be so thick....but can you be a bit more explicit ?? Which 'bug sheet' ???

I have looked at all the pages I can see related to TB's and I can't see any 'print bug sheet' at the top RHS !!!!

My interest is that I have just bought five TB's and I'm in the process of giving them identities, so if I can manage to get myself a reasonable laminator from say LIDO... I will attach this sheet to them.

Cheers,

Ullium.

Edited by Ullium

Ullium ..its one of the options on TB page when you log the TB or look at it.

Another point from a United States thread regarding missing / disappearing travel bugs was that the wording of the Geocache notice which is added to caches says something like "if you found this by accident please feel free to swap an item and fill in the log book" ....... accidental finders wouldn’t know what a TB was ..and may inadvertently swap it ...never to be seen again .... :)

Perhaps a bug-sheet might prevent this.

Edited by Flyfishermanbob
I would have thought the page explaining TB's would have been the obvious place to stick a notice of that type!?

These ones are special. They have the photo, description, and current goal on the sheet, specific to that particular cache.

Clever eh? :)

If you are willing to log your part of the journey of this item and place it in another geocache as soon as possible (after you log your find), grab it from this geocache.

Anyone else think that this part of the Bug Sheet would be clearer if it read ....

If you are willing to log your part of the journey of this item and place it in another geocache as soon as possible (after you log your find of course) then grab it from this geocache.

I feel it needs the substitution of 'then' for the comma in the last part of the paragraph just to make it clear what is meant. Also, the addition of 'of course' in the bracketted comment just underlines the meaning!?

I can see this paragraph made more sense when the extra instruction was included 'and read the instructions on the reverse side' but when this was removed and the paragraph closed with a period it made it a bit clumsy!

Ullium.