Logging A Virtual Cache Find?

Thot

Virtual caches all seem to require a test emailed to the host(?term) as proof you were actually there. Are you supposed to wait for some kind of confirming reply before logging? What if it doesn’t come in X days? How long do you wait?

Only if they say so on the page. I usually log and send the e-mail at the same time unless the owner says otherwise.

Asa owner of a few virtuals, it seems most people who log my caches also do it this way. A few will wait for me to give my "blessing", but most go ahead and log.

Only if they say so on the page. I usually log and send the e-mail at the same time unless the owner says otherwise.

Asa owner of a few virtuals, it seems most people who log my caches also do it this way. A few will wait for me to give my "blessing", but most go ahead and log.

Ditto.

This has become one of those unwritten rules that nobody thinks we have a bunch of...

If you log a find and send incorrect answers by email, a nice owner will ask you about it. If you can't prove you really visited, they'll ask you to delete your find (or change it to a DNF).

That said, there are some out there that think emailing correct answers and waiting for a confirmation email from the owner is as important as SAT's (or other college entrance exams). Those are the ones that cause so much angst around here.

Personally, I log all of my finds in order. If one happens to be a virtual (doesn't happen often with me), I'm not going to wait to log my other finds just to get an email a week later that says "yup".