What Is It About Yellow Jeeps? Not The Tb...

I'll tell you the story as it was told to me over the weekend by Mtn-man at the GGA meeting. I'm probably going to leave out some details or get them wrong, but that's how it goes with second hand news.

A long time ago there was a cacher in the Northeast (Washington or Oregon I think) that was very often the FTF. It sort of became a joke that when others would try to get FTF they'd arrive and see this cachers yellow jeep already parked at the cache. A lot of people were spotting his yellow jeep and commenting on it, so someone came up with the idea to make it a locationless cache.

Eventually the Yellow Jeep locationless cache became so popular that it had over 1000 finds logged which caused problems with the system and had to be archived. Fortunately you can still post a find with no problems.

When Jeep and Geocaching.com got together for this promotion it was decided that the jeeps all be yellow since it had already become popular among cachers. I think Mtn-man even said that Jeremy told Jeep that if he couldn't have all the TBs be yellow he wouldn't do it

I'm sure there are even more details, but that's the story I heard.

A long time ago there was a cacher in the Northeast (Washington or Oregon I think) that was very often the FTF. It sort of became a joke that when others would try to get FTF they'd arrive and see this cachers yellow jeep already parked at the cache. A lot of people were spotting his yellow jeep and commenting on it, so someone came up with the idea to make it a locationless cache.

WA or OR? I thought it was here in Phoenix, based on the cacher who goes by the name "Wyle E."

Where did WA or OR come from? :D

A long time ago there was a cacher in the Northeast (Washington or Oregon I think) that was very often the FTF.  It sort of became a joke that when others would try to get FTF they'd arrive and see this cachers yellow jeep already parked at the cache.  A lot of people were spotting his yellow jeep and commenting on it, so someone came up with the idea to make it a locationless cache.

WA or OR? I thought it was here in Phoenix, based on the cacher who goes by the name "Wyle E."

Where did WA or OR come from? :D

What, you have never seen a story take on a life of its own?????

I also remember all the comments when someone would say they got a new vehicle and he would post "Is it yellow"????

But to be honest that might be faulty memory. But I think Im right.

Where did WA or OR come from?  :)

Well.... I DID mention that I'd probably get some information wrong. I was quite clear about that before I even started telling the story. Thanks for the attack.

Wouldn't it have been a little better to say something like, "Actually, Mushtang has the location wrong, it was actually here in Phoenix"?

But sometimes it's more fun to do it your way.

Whatever.

Edited by Mushtang

Where did WA or OR come from?  :)

Well.... I DID mention that I'd probably get some information wrong. I was quite clear about that before I even started telling the story. Thanks for the attack.

Wouldn't it have been a little better to say something like, "Actually, Mushtang has the location wrong, it was actually here in Phoenix"?

But sometimes it's more fun to do it your way.

Whatever.

You know, Mushtang...if we taunt 360 he just might quit again :)

Yellow Jeep Fever

We just saw the infamous "Wyle E" crew at an event this past weekend. Their Jeep still creates drool among us. :)

Y'know, I don't think 360's post was the one attacking. It sure looks like yours in response to his post was more of a borderline attacking message. He stated what you 'suggested' he state, but just in different words IMHO. I could understand the aggravation had a :) been used. The emoticon used was one to imply confusion, not anger.