Geo Teams

It seams to be the trend in my area to go out in teams, im not just talking about family teams its more like team such and such going out with team such and such pluse x number of other cachers. I have to admit Im one of these people and love it. dont get me wrong i still go out by myself and so do there rest but it Is this the same in othere areas?

Edited by dvand

Locally we formed a kind of team and went out a few times together. I've found that I enjoy looking for the caches much better on my own than with the team. Once in a while I'll take my kid out with me, but that doesn't really count as a team effort. It just gives us something to do together. -Ken

I have a very 'fluid' team. :lol: People go as a group when we can.

Team Yatta has 5 members.

Me and my husband and three friends of ours.

The three friends go with us when they can. They do not own GPS's and they do not like to log their finds online. They will sign the physical log book and then they keep journals of the caches they find.

Sometimes, I go alone too, when no one else can or will go with me.

Sooooo, Team Yatta can be as little as one person or as big as five of us. :lol:

And if anyone else in the Denver metro area wants to join us, you're welcome to do so! :lol:

Hiyas,

My wife and I work opposite shifts, I would love to hook up with cachers in the late afternoons that live near me. On weekends my wife will often join. Kids are a random. They are old enough to decide for themselves!

Geocaching can be a team sport, personally I think its alot of fun with a partner or group!

Jeff from Jelinidas

Webberville, Mi

I prefer going on my own. I have teamed up one or twice and while I enjoyed the company, I have more fun on my own. I don't think too many people were teaming up when I first started geocaching, but it seems like a common occurance nowadays.

The part that seems to bother me a little is that as people build these new friendships and exchange phone numbers, I see more logs like: "I was having trouble at the cache site, so I called so-and-so for help." "TFTC".

At one time I remember trying this, except the person I called couldn't really remember the cache, so I was on my own anyway. I think this method of cache hunting can pretty much guarantee success for some, I'd rather post the DNF and try it again some time in the future.

Since the elimination of the Leaderboard, the game has become more social and less competetive. That's better in some ways and worse in other ways. In my case it seems I go geocaching less frequently and have found some other activities to fill the time with. Maybe I should hook up with a team.

Edit:typo

Edited by cachew nut
Our team often groups up with other groups of cachers. It's always fun to have company along on a long day of caching, and to meet new people. (And of course, it always helps to have as many eyes as possible when power caching...:D)

You all ready have three cat eyes! How many more can you have? :D