Anyone Else Use Garmin Emap?

asolomio

I've got one and it gets me to where I want to go. There are some days I wish I had WAAS though :rolleyes:

If you don't already have one, get yourself set up with a data cable so you can transfer coordinates directly from your computer to the Garmin (via EasyGPS or some similar program). You'll save yourself alot of hand entering.

We cache with an eMap, and I've never had a problem with the accuracy. About a third of the time when it hits 0.00ft the cache is within arms reach, another third of the time there's an obvious cache location (eg stump, cairn, lamp post) within 15'. As far as the other third, well, those are the fun ones :)

It was my first and I found a lot of caches with it. However, once I bought a Garmin V and then a 60C, the eMap doesn't get any use. I'd say the only drawback is having the arrow point to the coordinates rather than a compass rose like the V and 60C has. Of course, not having known that initially, I didn't miss it. But that aside, it does the job well. Also got me from Atlanta GA to Panama City FL one rainey night when my flight connection took off without me and I had to rent a car. It was the only map I had and it did it well.