Adding A Road To My Garmin Legend Map?

Nope, sorry. The maps that are in your GPS are read-only. There are some experimental third-party apps (NOT endorsed by Garmin :rolleyes: ) which will allow you to edit/make your own maps and upload them, but that can be a little dicey. Are you talking about the basemap in the unit, or have you bought a Mapsource product? If you haven't, you may want to looking into either Mapsource Topo or Metroguide... they are a little pricey, but have very detailed maps which can be uploaded to your GPSr.

Edited by tirediron

I have looked at Mapsource Topo and Metroguide.

I'm not sure if they would show what I want it my area.

I live in N.E. South Dakota and it's all small towns in my area.

If I knew for sure a Mapsource program would show the 911 address for the people that lived in the country around here I would spend the money on it.

Can you edit the Mapsource maps then download them?

Edited by Milbank
I have looked at Mapsource Topo and Metroguide.

I'm not sure if they would show what I want it my area.

I live in N.E. South Dakota and it's all small towns in my area.

If I knew for sure a Mapsource program would show the 911 address for the people that lived in the country around here I would spend the money on it.

Can you edit the Mapsource maps then download them?

If you want to check, there is and interactive MapSource demo on Garmin's website here.

See if any/all the various versions have the info you need. Of course, we are all assuming you have a GPS that will accept map uploads.