Geomuggles Know About Cache

jkern

A week or two back I went to check on my cache while riding my bike and I was followed by two geomuggles. The geomuggles looked about my age [11]. The better side got the best of me and I showed them my cache. After telling them over and over not to trash my cache they agreed. They thought it was pretty cool that there was a stash of stuff in the neighorhood. I said they could trade items if they wanted to. But today a cacher said the cache was soaked and there was no logbook. I'm betting they took the logbook and forgot to seal the cache tight-so how do I stop them from getting angry at me but keep my cache running? :blink:

Hi,

Move it by 100 yards, and change the listing...leave a "cache" for the kids in the original location with some McToys in it, and hope that they don't find the new location.

nfa

Edited by NFA
Hi,

Move it by 100 yards, and change the listing...leave a "cache" for the kids in the original location with some McToys in it, and hope that they don't find the new location.

nfa

This is probably the best advice. Leave the original as a decoy.

The problem with kids is they can't keep their mouths shut. They haven't yet learned discretion and while the kids you showed may be upstanding citizens they will let the secrete spill. A waste of self replicating DNA will hear this and seek out the cache and destroy it in an act of selfish fun.

I've lost caches to this very formula.

Today I went to check the cache with my dad. I ran ahead an what a surprise I had-there they were bikes in their hands. They said hi and asked me how the geocaching was going. Then I checked the cache, it was untouched-nobody even found it. After we talked to them for a while we left to find another cache. I don't know but maybe I won't have to move it. :D

I put the cache back but when I was there I saw two bikes near the cache. It could be the kids bikes or it could be something else, we checked the woods around it and found no sneaky kids waiting for me to leave.

Next time post, Left the cache, Took two bikes!

Just kidding! The next time you see the kids, talk to them about it and tell them that if it becomes damaged again, you'll remove the cahce and nobody gets to enjoy it. Maybe you can be friends with them and take them Geocaching with you.

If you can't beat 'em, get 'em on your side!

Edited by Woodbutcher68

Be a little creative. Take the decoy cache and rub it with poison ivy. (Wear latex gloves of course.) Then place the decoy back where it was. The muggles will return and figure that they are giving you a run for your money. Make sure you put some items in the decoy, with a log book and all. Again, they will probably take it and some or all of the contents. But they will also be taking away the resin on their hands and any body parts that they touch. You can make this a very unpleasant experience for them. Leave no sign or notes about the decoy cache being "doctored." Some muggles must find out the hard way that messing with people's stuff isn't cool. Be careful and do what the others have suggested. Primarily KEEP YOUR PIE HOLE SHUT about the ivy. :lol: