Moving Cache Camera

I was looking at randompixel yesterday and thought this might be an interesting concept to bring to geocaching - put a disposable camera in a cache and then when someone takes it they take either a picture of themselves at a cache or on the way to another cache where they leave the camera for someone else to do the same. I guess this could be made into a travel bug with return postage for me to develop.

Any thoughts on this concept or has anyone done something like it?

Although, I don't think they permit travelling caches any more...

They don't? I remember seeing a listing for a cache that was a small tub that easily fits inside larger cache tubs, so if you found the larger cache you would also find the smaller one and then move it to another large cache box.

I was considering doing something like that myself, but will probably have to shelf that idea now.

The TB camera is a good idea though!

well ive found a US version at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...52-c3091e5faf3f but it doesn't look like theres a uk one. I think it would be beneficial to make it a TB as that would give people a find and possibly assist in tracking where it is.

There was Huga's Camera Shy TB which was released in March 2002 and returned to him in January this year. We took a picture when we moved it to Lake District and would love to see the rest of the pictures from it.

Gary & Jane

They don't? I remember seeing a listing for a cache that was a small tub that easily fits inside larger cache tubs, so if you found the larger cache you would also find the smaller one and then move it to another large cache box.

I was considering doing something like that myself, but will probably have to shelf that idea now.

Well... I'm not absolutely sure but I remember reading something about it in the forums (maybe in the American forums) where they weren't permitting moving/roaming caches any more because of the amount of admin involved in updating the co-ordinates every time. :(

I am sure Eckington or Lactodorum will be able to confirm for us. :D

Well... I'm not absolutely sure but I remember reading something about it in the forums (maybe in the American forums) where they weren't permitting moving/roaming caches any more because of the amount of admin involved in updating the co-ordinates every time. :D

I am sure Eckington or Lactodorum will be able to confirm for us. :D

I'm afraid that's right. Moving caches are currently not being listed but the idea of making a camera TB sounds excellent.

Go for it :(

ok - depending on weather and family activities it might be activated this week (as I'll need to get the "instructions" laminated to go with it. I wanted to do something different to the standard TB's and hoped this was unique. Obviously not, but great minds think alike, imitation is the best kind of flattery etc etc.